Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
HolidayInn.comUS$90
Expedia.comUS$90
Hotels.comUS$90
FindHotelUS$90
PricelineUS$90
Trip.comUS$94
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2020 via mobile

This place has signs all over the interior and exterior talking about how clean and safe it is. Okay, then why did both housekeepers cleaning our 4th floor when we walked in not have masks on? They didn’t even possess masks, so it’s not like they forgot to pull them up. My wife made a comment to one of them and was ignored. We then told the lady at the front desk and she replied, “Oh, I’m not sure what the policy is for housekeeping and masks. They may not have to wear them.” It’s a state mandate. Even if it weren’t, housekeepers should not be cleaning rooms without them.

The whole place is very dated, run down, and should be skipped. I’m saying this as an Elite Holiday Inn member.

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Other at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2020

Hi Lateshow9,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a candid review. I was very concerned to read your comments about our housekeeping staff not wearing masks as well as with the condition of our property. I understand your dismay, and I am sorry. This is not the joy of travel that we wanted for all our guests. I will make sure to share your comments with our team for the necessary improvements needed on our end.

Thank you for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club, and I still hope you would give us another chance in the future.

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 4, 2019 via mobile

This is a solid hotel for it’s price point. The rooms are near and clean, the property, a little worn but well kept. The staff is the biggest plus here. It was a very busy weekend for them and they kept smiles on their faces and held positive attitudes throughout!

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

We rolled into this location at nearly 2am and were met quickly by a pleasant lady (Bridget). Bridget is an outstanding example for the staff at this location, she was personable, outgoing & went above & beyond to accommodate two weary travelers. Our room was on the 4th floor and the bedding was very comfortable & the pillows were great. We slept in without any outside disruption or noises. The bathroom in the the room was well appointed, however it’s lighting was a bit dim for my taste. Also one thing I prefer for a bathroom is its own ventilation fan which wasn’t the case for this room. Regardless, our stay was great and the staff were also. Highly recommend this location!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RonF1516, Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Thank You very much for staying with us. We strive to give all of our guest the great stay experience they expect, and deserve.
We also hope you stay with us again during your next visit to the area.
Again Thank You

Reviewed July 21, 2019 via mobile

The place is clean and friendly. I wouldn’t recommend adding breakfast for a buck if going with a family. We received a $20 voucher max per room ( for 2 people and we had four). Most meals were $9.95. Maybe I misunderstood. They took off the top two meals and we paid $15 for my other two daughters’ meals.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
RonF1516, Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2019

Thank You very much for choosing to stay with us. I will forward your comments to all department managers for review.
Again Thank You.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

There are not a lot of options in Big Rapids for hotels. I was thinking that this was a little more updated version of the Holiday Inn brand. It is an older hotel and you will have to pay for your own breakfast if you are traveling on business, etc... Some don't mind this option, but I was hoping for a little more. The room was comfortable and clean, but again a little pricey for this area of America.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RonF1516, Facilities Manager at Holiday Inn Big Rapids, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2019

Thank You very much for staying with us. I will forward your feedback for review so we can continue to enhance our brand.
Again Thank You.