“The Toast is a special place for Breakfast”
Review of Toast

Toast
Reserve with OpenTable
Toast is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple
Description: Toast in Downtown Birmingham is an award winning restaurant with a casual comfortable yet whimsical atmosphere with great food, wine list drinks and Service! If you want to enjoy breakfast, lunch or dinner, or seeking the perfect spot for Wine or Drinks and conversation...then Toast Birmingham is the place for you. Executive Chef Myles McVay focuses on layers, textures, balance and constant creativity has given Toast a forward-minded environment and menu that customers cannot find anywhere else. In 2011 Toast was awarded Best Breakfast in Detroit area for the 9th year in a row.
Reviewed June 10, 2018

The Toast restaurant is well known by locals and out-of-town guests as serving the best and unique breakfast items in town. I had the buckwheat pancakes which were delicious and my husband had the homemade corned beef hash with poached eggs. Both were tremendous! A must if you are in the Birmingham area!

Reviewed May 8, 2018

Toast is an excellent restaurant that consistently provides a cozy dining room, efficient service, a great selection of adult beverages, and absolutely outstanding food. Over the last couple of years I have eaten one brunch, two lunches, and a dozen dinners while visiting Detroit on business. I have enjoyed anything that they prepare with Brussels sprouts, the soups, the Crazy Granny salads and sides of perfect macaroni and cheese. In additional to their many entree specials the Steak Frites and the Big Short Ribs are outstanding. I am a wine drinker, but discovered shots of Knob Creek Bourbon alongside local microbrews make a perfect pairing. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

Family of eleven coming here to celebrate party. Food was average at best for hour wait time. Not coming back.

1  Thank eggsjill
Reviewed March 15, 2018

I love this place especially for Saturday or Sunday brunches. We even came here after a funeral once, and it helped cheer us with the fine quality of servers and delicious food. There are usually long wait lines, but it has always been worth the wait!

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

I have been to Toast often over the years but made the mistake of going in for lunch one day. The place is still fun and lively. The food is good and I had a tasty salad.

What is poor is the service. The lady who served me tried to rush me at every point of the meal and seemed generally disinterested. I was sorting out my payment and she then seemed interested to collect my cash. The place was busy so perhaps they wanted to clear me out. Given I was in there for 40
Minutes for lunch it seemed a bit much.

I shall not go back and I recommend you don’t either unless you like eating in under 30 minutes when it is great.

1  Thank Partner792