“Excellent always”

Luxe Bar & Grill
Ranked #17 of 114 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Has one of the best burgers in town but also one of the best veggie burgers out there the menu is very enough to make everyone happy the only problem I have is a bar scene and very small that’s the only reason I only come here probably once a month

Reviewed November 12, 2017

I dined here with my wife and 2 kids on November 12, 2017. We have dined here many times before always with a decent experience. Be fore warned though this place is small and you may feel cramped and you will wait for a table during peak times. I have tried many things on the menu but I say the burger is your best bet. Over the years I have tried the lamb chops, lamb shank special, and the ribs. This time around we started with the beef tip appetizer and it was very good and spicy. The kids each ordered a burger and I the ribs and my wife the fish tacos. My wife said her fish tacos were not real warm but opted not to send them back. I had the ribs and while the ribs were always good here in the past they were just average at best time around. I could really tell the ribs were cooked the day before and they were heated up and covered in barbque sauce. The real disappointment was that they tasted a bit gamey since they were previously cooked. The kids burgers were great as usual. Their burgers here are sort a knock off of the Red Coat Tavern burger with a similar burger sauce and always seem to be the safest choice here.

Reviewed July 30, 2017

We needed to satisfy our sweet tooth and Luxe was the place to go. It's a small local establishment. Seating is limited. The food is worth the wait!!

Their dessert was super tasty. It was a grilled pound cake with vanilla ice cream, pecans and caramel sauce.

When you want a bit of tasty pound cake, Luxe is the place to go.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

This is still a great spot, love the patio..excellent wait staff. But stay away from the (deep fried Brussel sprouts), they look and taste really bad...like left over deep fried trash....not sure why they would put something like this on there menu. It's lots of ways to cook Brussel sprouts but this is not a very good recipe. Ruins the entire menu....

Reviewed July 23, 2017

I started feeling claustrophobic the moment I walked into this incredibly loud restaurant. The interior design of this place didn't help. It really didn't compliment the size of the space.

My friends and I had a drink at the bar, since it was going to be at least a half hour wait for a table. I was surprised the woman working behind the bar couldn't make my cocktail of choice, a Last Word, since it was a local drink. Nor did she know what it was. Really? It got more frustrating when my beer choice was out. Two strikes. The third was coming.

After being seated at an oddly placed table, we set about ordering. The menu offered a range of American fare. Prices ranged from $10 to $45. Most were under $20. The Deluxe BBQ Ribs I had were tough and chewy. The garlic bread was so hard, I though I was cutting something other than bread. That was third strike for me. Only the fries were good. Service was friendly, but not overly attentive. Because of the noise level, dinner conversation was a little difficult.

Based on the crowd, there are many who like this place, I'm just not one of them.