“Social Kitchen,”

Social Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Social Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 106 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Woodward
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Social is one of my family’s favorite places to eat. The food is fresh and the service is usually fairly good. The warm chicken salad sandwich, the fries and the Brussels spouts are our top picks. I hear they have a pretty good Bloody Mary bar on the weekends. I haven’t checked it out yet. The open air roof-top seating is worth the wait.

Reviewed June 12, 2018

The menu is very eclectic and it takes a while to make a choice, which is a good thing! The food was excellent and the staff took the time to explain how things are cooked and where they come from. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed May 20, 2018

So I was back home in the states for Christmas and a friend of mine took me here for lunch.
I had high expectations being that it’s in Birmingham and I knowhaving grown up in the area, you won’t survive if your food is not pallet pleasing. This review is ultra late, so I don’t have details on what I ate, but this waitress......man o man. Most amazing eyes ever, and ultra nice. She made the experience amazing. I tried hitting on her but she was having no part of it. Guess i’m officially old . I recommend this place, if you want loads of healthy options. I built my own salad and it was yum. We have a new podcast we are launching this year called Let’s Eat England, we will feature this place if we make it back to Michigan this year. Check it out.

Reviewed May 19, 2018

Sadly, we were in town for a funeral and visited Social for drinks after a long day of traveling. Chris, the bartender, was super friendly and educated us about some of the unique and interesting methods they use for their drinks. I sampled the banana drink (soaked in something that I can't remember but it tasted delicious). The Slice of Life was my favorite cocktail and we toasted in memory of our dearly departed.
Lots of construction going on in the area so many roads were closed, but we were staying at the local Holiday Inn Express so it was an easy and convenient walk for us.
If it wasn't so late at night, we would have ordered food. If the food is as good as the cocktails then you can't go wrong by visiting here for a meal and/or drinks.

Reviewed May 9, 2018

Social Kitchen and Bar has a menu that combines currently trendy food, (kale, hummus, slab bacon), with traditional comfort food (rib eye fillet, grilled cheese, brick chicken). I recently had a business dinner with a colleague, and the food was very tasty. The two most memorable dishes were the crispy Brussels sprouts appetizer, and the classic mac n' cheese side. They have a very good wine list, which includes two of my favorites; Far Niente Chardonnay and Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon. The atmosphere is energetic and the service was very good. Will go back again.