“Average Thai at best at Sy Thai.”
Review of Sy Thai Restaurant

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed August 25, 2017

This place is convenient for me so I go there and take out from time to time. It's always just OK. Last night I tried a new dish (for me) and it was the same as what i normally get..just OK. If i really want to get great thai...Sy Thai is not my place.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

I have eaten here quite a few times, both in the restaurant and I have gotten carry out. It is my go to Thai place. Their portions are huge and so tasty. If you don't like a lot of spice they are happen to serve the food the way you like it. It is small, but we have never had to wait long. Usually we are seated right away. The service is great and the prices are reasonable.

Reviewed May 10, 2017

The takeout bag for two seemed to weigh as much as a bowling ball. When we got home, we were pleased to discover that the quality was in line with the quantity -- both great. The peanut chicken curry and veggie curry dishes were both wonderful -- nice consistency, well-prepared, lively flavor. Nice!

Reviewed May 4, 2017

Take out from SyThai has become a perennial favorite whenever I am in Birmingham. It is consistently good, and my order is always ready at the promised time. The menu includes several types of curries, many of which I have tried and all are different from each other and taste great. The pad thai is very tasty, along with the appetizers such as fried wrapped shrimp skewers, crab rangoon, and fresh spring rolls.

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

I have dined here quite a few times when I'm in town. I've always loved this place. But after our experience last Friday not sure I'll be back.
We dined on the vegetable curry with tofu and vegetarian pad Thai.
The curry came out first and was good.
Then the pad Thai made it to the table. At first we didn't notice but the pad Thai was so over salted we couldn't eat it. It tasted like they dumped a whole jar of fish sauce onto the noodles.
As usual the restaurant was very busy. Our waiter was nowhere to be found. So we paid our bill at the cash register and informed the Xavier about the pad Thai. She was pleasant and said we should have told our waiter. We proceeded to tell he he was nowhere to be found and that's why we were telling her.
Oh well. Probably won't come back here again.