“From Good to Bad”

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed August 31, 2017

My husband and I have been ordering out from this particular Sy Thai for years now. We could always depend upon a delicious and flavorful meal. But the last three times over the last 4 months has not been good. Our meals have been watery, bland, undercooked. And we order the same thing each time so we know it used to be good. I complained, we got a free meal but it was just as bad. After three failures we won't be patronizing this restaurant again. Must be a new chef or owner.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 25, 2017

This place is convenient for me so I go there and take out from time to time. It's always just OK. Last night I tried a new dish (for me) and it was the same as what i normally get..just OK. If i really want to get great thai...Sy Thai is not my place.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 4, 2017

I have eaten here quite a few times, both in the restaurant and I have gotten carry out. It is my go to Thai place. Their portions are huge and so tasty. If you don't like a lot of spice they are happen to serve the food the way you like it. It is small, but we have never had to wait long. Usually we are seated right away. The service is great and the prices are reasonable.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed May 10, 2017

The takeout bag for two seemed to weigh as much as a bowling ball. When we got home, we were pleased to discover that the quality was in line with the quantity -- both great. The peanut chicken curry and veggie curry dishes were both wonderful -- nice consistency, well-prepared, lively flavor. Nice!

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed May 4, 2017

Take out from SyThai has become a perennial favorite whenever I am in Birmingham. It is consistently good, and my order is always ready at the promised time. The menu includes several types of curries, many of which I have tried and all are different from each other and taste great. The pad thai is very tasty, along with the appetizers such as fried wrapped shrimp skewers, crab rangoon, and fresh spring rolls.

Date of visit: April 2017