“Surprisingly delight”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Woodward
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I was invited here with family by a local who lives in The Birmingham area. My daughter and I ordered the lobster and it was cooked to perfection. The location is of course in the city and the view from the window is not where the atmosphere is but it was pleasant. My son-in-law ordered the steak and that was done to perfection. Surprising for a seafood restaurant. I can't say enough about the service it was very nice.

Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our visit here! Service was attentive, food was delicious and nice atmosphere. The daily fish special was excellent as was the calamari appetizer.

Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

Happy hour is where it's at! Every day specials that are delicious and so smartly priced-you can try multiple items. The lobster bisque is so incredibly perfect! That with the crusty sour dough is a perfect pair. The entrees are just as fabulous! Great, great steaks! My husband and I cannot get enough of the bisque!! Consistently good, every single time.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

I have dined at Mitchell's several times. The staff have been friendly and attentive. The food consistent. The salmon never over done. Their seasonal cocktails are very good and worth considering.

Reviewed August 1, 2017

We decided to grab a late lunch here; around 1:30, mid-week. There was no valet at this hour, but we grabbed a spot on the street outside steps away. Not many people were dining at this hour, and we were seated by a window. We had some calamari and raw oysters to start, and then some salads with grilled salmon. All were excellent. The oysters could have been shucked a bit better though, as they didn't slide out of the shell. Service was fine, too!