“Taco Tuesday is Sensational ”

Rojo Mexican Bistro
Ranked #64 of 114 Restaurants in Birmingham
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

Get some good tacos at a great price. They offer tacos ranging from $1-$4 and I really enjoyed them. Coronas are also $2 and tequila shots for $3. It's a good time.

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We loved the table side prepared guacamole when it finally arrived. The margaritas were tasty too. Our entrees: enchiladas and fajitas were average. They weren't busy so couldn't figure out why service was so poor.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on the 4th of July. We sat outside. The table, chairs and ground were very dirty. The waiter was slow. The food was OK. We love Mexican food. We go to Mexican town in Detroit all the time. We don't plan to return here again.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Ordered the table side guacamole and it was terrible. I didn't think anyone could mess up table side guacamole, but it did not deliver. Also ordered the beef tacos and the tacos were tasteless. I swear the tacos are better at Taco Bell.

The service was okay, although the waiter was having difficult remembering our order and had to come back twice to confirm.

The establishment is well appointed and comfortable, but overall there was nothing authentic about Rojo and the food was just plain poor.

Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

This was my first time here. I was just stopping in for appetizer and drinks, so i can't judge their entrees. The margarita with top shelf tequila was nice and strong, but the nachos were average. The chicken was thick and dry and the chips seemed soggy. They serve the chips and salsa cold. I prefer hot chips out of the fry pan. The salsa was to my liking, but not with hard bland chips. Waitstaff was good. It was a slow Sunday.