“Lots of great runs with 12 chair lifts and lots of activities aside from skiing”

Boyne Mountain Ski Area
Ranked #2 of 12 things to do in Boyne Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: When it's time to plan your next Michigan family vacation or weekend getaway, choose Boyne Mountain and experience the finest skiing, and many more activities for the entire family. BOYNE families enjoy days on the slopes with a full service spa, Solace Spa, and Avalanche Bay indoor waterpark the largest indoor water park in Michigan. Luxurious lodging options provide the ultimate in comfort. Make Boyne Mountain your next ski vacation getaway!
Reviewed 9 January 2018

You can buy a multi day pass that can be used at either Boyne Mountain or their sister resort, Boyne Highlands in Harbor Springs. It's only a short drive (30 min or so) away and both are great places to ski! Boyne Mtn. has a waterpark, ziplining, tubing, a spa, lots of lounges/bars/taverns, etc. It's a great place with a lot of really good runs!

All reviews
"ski lift"
"chair lift"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My husband and I recently went to Boyne Mountain for 3 days of skiing the week of Christmas. My husband grew up skiing before he could walk on the west coast and we no longer live on the west coast. We drive 6 hours to ski at Boyne Mountain passing multiple other ski resorts on the way.

Why Boyne?

1. They have a good mix of terrain - I'm a beginner and there are plenty of fun greens/blues for me to try out. But my husband doesn't get super bored with the blacks here either.

2. The staff are very friendly. I've had private lessons here and the staff were all very knowledgable and helped me perfect some of my skiing techniques & gain confidence

3. Smaller resort with a local feel - not super crowded with tourists

One of the cons is the fact that the lift tickets are very expensive - tip order them in advance online to save some money! Also sign up for the rewards program - after a 3 day ski trip we were able to get enough rewards to pay for me to have rental equipment for another day.

Oh! And if you are a beginner skier they let you use the bunny hill for free - what a good way to figure it out and not waste all that money on a life ticket if you spend the whole day on the bunny hill.

We are already planning our next skip trip.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We had a party of 9 that rented the mountain cabin and skied for two days. It was great. About half of the runs were open. We were wishing the ski in /ski out option was going near our cabin, but it wasn’t. The lifts were fast, the hills had some fresh snow, and the staff was friendly. The cabins were beautiful! Hot tubs in the porch, even! Plenty of bathrooms for everyone. Great design. We will certainly go back.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Boyne Mountain is an incredibly beautiful area of Michigan. The Lodge is an architectural wonder indicative of European communities. Whether you ski, kayak, bike, hike, or just want a peaceful quiet place to get away, one must experience the beautiful wonder and landscape of Boyne Mountain and it's quaint dining facilities.

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We have skied Boyne Mountain many times over the last 26 years but this was one of the best weekends we have ever spent there. My daughter son-in-law three grandsons granddaughter wife and I stayed in a three bedroom three bath condo at blue green which is owned by choice privileges. It was absolutely huge and only cost us $75 +6000 points. The second night we stayed in a two bedroom two bath condo right next to the ski area for the same price and we got to enjoy avalanche Bay waterpark Saturday all day and Sunday they offer $25 afternoon lift tickets so everyone except my wife and granddaughter skied , it was great getting on the six person chairlift with my daughter son-in-law and three grandsons and myself and all the chairlifts were open and all the trails are open and for $25 each it was a bargain thank you very much. Skied on Sunday, March 5, 2017

They have a very large beginner lift pod area up at top of the mountain where the Alpine lift is and the disciples Ridge area ,this was very good for my daughter and son-in-law who are novices and their son's showed them how to ski being I take them skiing all the time. Yes the price of skiing is getting a exorbitant and at the weekend rate of 80+ dollars it is beyond the reach of many but this $25 Sunday matinee afforded the whole family to ski together. I have been skiing for over 50 years , next to golf is my favorite past time, personally I think nubs knob is the best in the lower peninsula because of its fantastic snow conditions and the best glades in Michigan but to me this time with my extended family was priceless and was very affordable with the low-cost condos and the ski rates on Sunday and the waterpark.

I actually have online friends from Vermont coming out that want to ski here to see all the old lifts. They have three center pole quad lifts here and three also at the Highlands. If you buy your electronic ticket ahead of time you can get a non-holiday Saturday ticket for $70 where you can ski both areas in one day. We plan on going here in January again in 2018. They have very many firsts here as far ski lifts go the first four passenger in the world the first six passenger in the US , and the first triple lift up at the highlands so if you are in to ski lift history this is the place, thank you Everett

I have golfed at several of the golf courses here but not at the Alpine or monument yet which is on my list. I have golf crooked tree and the moor, and the Arthur Hills course and the replica course all up at the highlands and in Petoskey and they are all very good.

Devils drive is one of the steepest trails in the lower peninsula