“good skiing for the midwest”
Review of Boyne Mountain

Boyne Mountain
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Boyne Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: When it's time to plan your next Michigan family vacation or weekend getaway, choose Boyne Mountain and experience the finest skiing, and many more activities for the entire family. BOYNE families enjoy days on the slopes with a full service spa, Solace Spa, and Avalanche Bay indoor waterpark the largest indoor water park in Michigan. Luxurious lodging options provide the ultimate in comfort. Make Boyne Mountain your next ski vacation getaway!
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Not a lot of good skiing in the midwest, but this is my favorite place to go if we are driving. good variety of runs, good snow making capabilities . staff are pleasant. lines aren't too long for the lifts even on busy days. beautiful scenery. nice to see all the parents teaching their children to ski. lift ticket was 95 on a holiday weekend.

All reviews
"fresh snow"
"chair lift"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Boyne Mountain for a little vacation together and had a blast!

We stayed in the Whirlpool King Suite which was cute but could use some upgrades. The bed was comfy but the tub is tiny, not quite the romance we were looking for! The fireplace does not give off heat but we still loved having it on! You also need to leave a room key in the light switch in order to keep the heat on in your room which was strange to us but I understand the idea behind it...

We loved 40 Acres Tavern and went twice in one day! Soups, Salad, Bugers and a great beer/wine selection!

Eagles Nest has a great view but not great food, there isn't even a fryer up there so no hot food that looked appetizing. They do have bottles of beer and some chips and other snacks so it's a great place for a break but not for meals if you are over 18.

Everettes breakfast buffet was included in our package so we ate there both mornings. The food was great, you can opt to just eat at the extensive buffet or you can get in line for the pancake/omelette stations. The Tuesday Taco bar was horrible though and the turkey wrap was bland.

The grounds were amazing for Michigan! We were lucky and had fresh powder everyday! We went on a Monday and Tuesday so we basically had the lifts and trails to ourselves! There is a decent amount of different terrain.

Definitely would come back!

Reviewed February 6, 2018

This was our 2nd time skiing Boyne Mt as a family, and had fun. There's lots of greens, a 5-7 blues and 5-7 blacks? Nothing too tough. Terrain parks are lot of fun. Some of the lifts are a bit old/slow. Need some upgrading there.

Reviewed January 9, 2018

You can buy a multi day pass that can be used at either Boyne Mountain or their sister resort, Boyne Highlands in Harbor Springs. It's only a short drive (30 min or so) away and both are great places to ski! Boyne Mtn. has a waterpark, ziplining, tubing, a spa, lots of lounges/bars/taverns, etc. It's a great place with a lot of really good runs!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 1, 2018

My husband and I recently went to Boyne Mountain for 3 days of skiing the week of Christmas. My husband grew up skiing before he could walk on the west coast and we no longer live on the west coast. We drive 6 hours to ski at Boyne Mountain passing multiple other ski resorts on the way.

Why Boyne?

1. They have a good mix of terrain - I'm a beginner and there are plenty of fun greens/blues for me to try out. But my husband doesn't get super bored with the blacks here either.

2. The staff are very friendly. I've had private lessons here and the staff were all very knowledgable and helped me perfect some of my skiing techniques & gain confidence

3. Smaller resort with a local feel - not super crowded with tourists

One of the cons is the fact that the lift tickets are very expensive - tip order them in advance online to save some money! Also sign up for the rewards program - after a 3 day ski trip we were able to get enough rewards to pay for me to have rental equipment for another day.

Oh! And if you are a beginner skier they let you use the bunny hill for free - what a good way to figure it out and not waste all that money on a life ticket if you spend the whole day on the bunny hill.

We are already planning our next skip trip.