“Very nice and clean and a great value”

Knights Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
Dayton, Ohio
“Very nice and clean and a great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We come to Frankenmuth every year from Dayton,Oh.Finding a place to stay in Frankenmuth can be costly, Knights Inn in Bridgeport is very clean rooms have all been remodeled, and close to everything, staff is very friendly and the prices are great and can't be beat in the area.This will be the only place we stay from now on.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank joesoup1972

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

The room was not clean at all. They never vacuumed in the 3 nights we were there. We ran out of toilet paper. There also was no clock or radio for an alarm. The sheets and pillow cases were stained as were the towels, they looked dirty. The bathroom door wouldn't close. There also was no blow dryer or coffee machine in the room which we were depending on.

Room Tip: Check on the computer for ratings and reviews.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AldoMa

Travellers are raving about these Bridgeport hotels

Muskegon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

WOW! What an adventure this place was! Thrills, chills, and memories to last a lifetime! First of all, this is a motel. So you know when you walk in, it's going to smell something like sex and old people. It did not dissapoint. Fortunately, you are quickly distracted from the smell by the trim that is falling off the adjoining room door. That's when we noticed the adjoining room door had a non functional lock on it. After having a brief vision of being attacked by the random stranger who was sure to come through that door in the wee hours of the morn, I noticed there was attic access in our bathroom. This is when I realized I was staying at the Bates motel and I was definitely going to die. Every creak and crack I heard I was certain that there was somebody's mothers corpse up there in a rocking chair. Then I told myself that since I was travelling with my family, I didn't have to be the fastest I just couldn't be the slowest and knew that poor little Johnny would be the one to have to take one for the team. After settling him in the bed closest to the attic, we noticed that there was no fridge and microwave in our room as had been promised, and fortunatley young Norman Bates at the counter was very accomodating (probably gathering intel to effectively kill me later) and brought one right over. The water pressure in the bathroom was reminicent of one of those deluxe port-a-johns, but fortunatley the bathtub was in good working order. NOT that I would have risked taking a shower at the Knights Inn/Bates motel. By the time we were ready for bed, we had become accustomed to the musty smell, and after checking the sheets for stains (they were clean) we rested our weary heads on the maxi pad thin pillows (in hindsight they probably were maxi pads to better absorb our blood when we were murdered) and tried to sleep. But then someone got the bright idea to turn on the ghosthunter app on the iPad, and we were up half the night as the readings gave us words such as "door" and "carpet" and "attic" and "SCARED". I mean, for $60 some odd bucks, this place is more entertaining than Disney World. And despite the pillows (bring your own) the beds were surprisingly comfortable, and the rooms were recently (if not cheaply) remodeled. In short, this is at BEST a one star establishment, but keep an open mind, make things fun, and when you go visit Bronners the next day, spend that $100 you saved yourself from staying here and not the Frankenmuth Holiday Inn Express and buy yourself something nice. This motel gave my family many memories, which we are already telling friends and family about our Frankenmuth vacation in which "we were almost sort of killed and spirits communicated with us".

Room Tip: There are probably no good rooms, but I would ask for the one in the greatest disrepair to make your...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BKBails
Mentor/Lake, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had stayed here on previous occasions on our way up to the U.P. and found it met our needs.
Not THIS time...
We thought it odd that there were NO other cars in the lot when we pulled in.
We checked in and found out why: NO phone. NO T.V. remote. NO clock. NO ice machine. NO coffee maker. NO continental breakfast. Very smelly room.
When we complained the next morning, the proprietor claimed to speak very little English.
Has the Knights Inn lowered its standards to tolerate this???
-Never- again.
Good bye Knights Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Lawman29
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2006

This is the worst motel I have ever seen and that's saying a lot! I've stayed in better motels in third world countries while traveling through South America! This place was very dirty, the bed was extremely uncomfortable, and nothing worked properly. We had two over-the-bed lights that were hanging from the wall with the wires exposed. There were so many cigarette burns in the carpet that it would have taken an entire day to count them all. The room smelled bad, if it had been just the smell of cigarettes that would have been pleasant compared to they way these rooms smelled! I had my daughter & her husband with us, so we had booked two rooms. We had no choice but to stay there as there were no other accommodations in the area with availability. Their room was just as bad as ours. Their toilet wouldn't flush, the sink wouldn't drain, and the room was just as nasty in general. If you want to stay around Frankenmuth, MI in December you need to make your reservations in September to get a decent accommodation.

• Stayed December 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Southern Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2006

We arrived after 11:00 p.m. and had to leave by 7:00 a.m., so we only needed a clean bed and shower. Parking was right outside the door, the bed was clean and comfortable. Free coffee was available in the lobby. A TV with a few channels, but no local news or weather, which would have helped during the blizzard that came through the area the day before SuperBowl. No internet or pool, but we didn't have time for those things anyway. Located right off of the highway (I-75).

3 Thank bythewaymom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
0.6 km away
10.9 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
10.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Frankenmuth

Been to Knights Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!