“NEVER STAY HERE!”

Knights Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Room was dirty, pillows were drool stained and the tub had cigarette burns all over it. Went across the road to see if we could get a beer and the lady said it was a mile down the road but don't go there it's not a safe part of town.
Attendant was rude when checked out......Thank goodness for the Bavarian Inn that booked us a nice room at 2am!

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed 2 November 2011

For the price this place is really worth it.(under $50 with tax) First impression was not great, old looking on the outside, lobby old and in need of update. The room was large, clean, and renovated. Comfortable bed. Much better than I expected. The heater was noisy but it worked. The hairdryer didn't work but they gave me a new one to take back to the room when I mentioned it. Breakfast was very simple, no brown bread but we went late each morning, not sure if they had brown bread and just ran out. They appear to be still working on some updates but for the price I would stay there again. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. We cancelled our more expensive room elsewhere for the second night and stayed here again for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank quickqs
Reviewed 23 October 2011

very nice clean rooms slept very well. great value. room we had a refrig, microwave

Room Tip: rrom 313 was nice king size bed
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank conhen45
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We come to Frankenmuth every year from Dayton,Oh.Finding a place to stay in Frankenmuth can be costly, Knights Inn in Bridgeport is very clean rooms have all been remodeled, and close to everything, staff is very friendly and the prices are great and can't be beat in the area.This will be the only place we stay from now on.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank joesoup1972
Reviewed 13 September 2011

The room was not clean at all. They never vacuumed in the 3 nights we were there. We ran out of toilet paper. There also was no clock or radio for an alarm. The sheets and pillow cases were stained as were the towels, they looked dirty. The bathroom door wouldn't close. There also was no blow dryer or coffee machine in the room which we were depending on.

Room Tip: Check on the computer for ratings and reviews.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AldoMa
Reviewed 13 September 2011

WOW! What an adventure this place was! Thrills, chills, and memories to last a lifetime! First of all, this is a motel. So you know when you walk in, it's going to smell something like sex and old people. It did not dissapoint. Fortunately, you are quickly distracted from the smell by the trim that is falling off the adjoining room door. That's when we noticed the adjoining room door had a non functional lock on it. After having a brief vision of being attacked by the random stranger who was sure to come through that door in the wee hours of the morn, I noticed there was attic access in our bathroom. This is when I realized I was staying at the Bates motel and I was definitely going to die. Every creak and crack I heard I was certain that there was somebody's mothers corpse up there in a rocking chair. Then I told myself that since I was travelling with my family, I didn't have to be the fastest I just couldn't be the slowest and knew that poor little Johnny would be the one to have to take one for the team. After settling him in the bed closest to the attic, we noticed that there was no fridge and microwave in our room as had been promised, and fortunatley young Norman Bates at the counter was very accomodating (probably gathering intel to effectively kill me later) and brought one right over. The water pressure in the bathroom was reminicent of one of those deluxe port-a-johns, but fortunatley the bathtub was in good working order. NOT that I would have risked taking a shower at the Knights Inn/Bates motel. By the time we were ready for bed, we had become accustomed to the musty smell, and after checking the sheets for stains (they were clean) we rested our weary heads on the maxi pad thin pillows (in hindsight they probably were maxi pads to better absorb our blood when we were murdered) and tried to sleep. But then someone got the bright idea to turn on the ghosthunter app on the iPad, and we were up half the night as the readings gave us words such as "door" and "carpet" and "attic" and "SCARED". I mean, for $60 some odd bucks, this place is more entertaining than Disney World. And despite the pillows (bring your own) the beds were surprisingly comfortable, and the rooms were recently (if not cheaply) remodeled. In short, this is at BEST a one star establishment, but keep an open mind, make things fun, and when you go visit Bronners the next day, spend that $100 you saved yourself from staying here and not the Frankenmuth Holiday Inn Express and buy yourself something nice. This motel gave my family many memories, which we are already telling friends and family about our Frankenmuth vacation in which "we were almost sort of killed and spirits communicated with us".

Room Tip: There are probably no good rooms, but I would ask for the one in the greatest disrepair to make your...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank BKBails
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We had stayed here on previous occasions on our way up to the U.P. and found it met our needs.
Not THIS time...
We thought it odd that there were NO other cars in the lot when we pulled in.
We checked in and found out why: NO phone. NO T.V. remote. NO clock. NO ice machine. NO coffee maker. NO continental breakfast. Very smelly room.
When we complained the next morning, the proprietor claimed to speak very little English.
Has the Knights Inn lowered its standards to tolerate this???
-Never- again.
Good bye Knights Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Lawman29

Been to Knights Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!