“dinner with family”
Review of Al Ameer Restaurant - CLOSED

Al Ameer Restaurant
Reviewed January 4, 2017

My daughter really wanted to go to this restaurant. I wasn't crazy about the restaurant selection but was willing to give it a try.
Didn't feel like chicken or beef, or lamb so I decided to try something different.
Was a happy!
I got the lamb liver platter. I told the waitress, think her name was lena or leila, to please make sure the liver is cooked tender or medium and not tough. It was delicious.
All of our meal was wonderful. So much food, of course we brought it home for leftovers.
The entire experience there was really nice, great service...keep up the great work. It was worth it
We will be back.

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

First time at this restaurant. Wife and I didn't feel like waiting 45 minutes at Carrabas next store so we hit this place.

Food was great and staff was friendly and attentive. She had the shawarma platter and I had the chicken cream chops. Both were yummy. The rice pilaf and fattoush were tasty too.

Only complaint would be that portions are large so you may want to split it with someone if you're not headed back home later.

1  Thank Jay H
Reviewed September 27, 2016

I planned a meeting with approximately 50 people here and was really impressed as they did great on charging every one separately, bringing out the food on time, and just being a friendly venue...will go back

1  Thank XtremlyAnnoyed
Reviewed September 25, 2016 via mobile

We took our daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren here before a flight out of Detroit. Yes, it's less than 20 minutes by car from the airport, just off I-275.

We ordered the family platter for everyone to share. The amount of food far exceeded everyone's appetite (and our grandchildren are 14 and 11 year old boys). The shawarma, shish kafta and cream chop were excellent and moist, the two kinds of rice were also good. The platter came with salad, baba ghannouge, hummus and delicious fresh bread (not packaged pita).

Service was attentive and right there with refills on almost anything.

We will be back! Note - there is no alcohol served on premises (it's halal, folks).

1  Thank almhuss
Reviewed September 12, 2016

My Lebanese relatives wanted to try a new place for Middle Eastern food that wasn't a take-out restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised with the variety of items on the menu that you won't find at other places in Canton. Our waiter (Dean) was fantastic. Additionally, it was an excellent value with the generous portions. You probably can serve with two with a single entree. I was also pleased with the rice pudding that they gave us at the end of our meal. The only thing I wish was better was the garlic sauce (toum) which wasn't as good as other restaurants.