“The Jewel of Caro”

Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caro
Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Caro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2014

We stayed at the Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast during a trip to Frankenmuth which was sold out. We ended up spending more time at the bed and breakfast than anything. It was the cleanest bed and breakfast I've ever seen. Very cozy with anything you could need from a robe to a cup of coffee. Sue and Jill were so accommodating and the place was beautiful. Breakfast was wonderful and homemade. They took good care of us.

Room Tip: The rooms are similar just the size of the beds are different. They are all cozy and clean.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2014

The Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast is a little off the beaten path of Caro, Mi - but, that's just part of the charm. When I first arrived, I could have been a neighbor, just stopping by for a cup of coffee.
At every moment of my stay, I felt that Jill and Sue Ellen had personally invited me into their home. The price of the stay was very reasonable and the home was decorated with all the warmth and allure of any well established bed and breakfast.
Speaking of breakfast - it was amazing.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just home from a recent trip to Caro Michigan and a stay at the Garden Gate. The hosts are wonderful without being I intrusive (always a fear when staying at B&B). There is lots of space to roam and the rooms are very neat, clean and comfortable. Easy to find and plenty of parking. Breakfast was yummy and lots of good coffee. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay with Sue Ellen and Jill. Garden Gate is beautiful, clean and was the perfect place for us to relax. We were treated like family and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. The owners are friendly and we would recommend Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast to anyone that is visiting the Caro area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Master Suite which was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband, son, and I were in Michigan this summer (Aug. 2013) visiting some friends who reside in Caro. There aren't many options of places to stay right in town, so we gave this B & B a go. Both Sue Ellen and Jane (the owners) are warm and friendly. They showed an interest in our family and making sure we were comfortable during our stay. Our 3 year old son took to their loveable dog Bailey, who brings additional character to this charming property.

We had the Loft bedroom which was enough space for the 3 of us. Anymore than 2 nights though it would've been a bit crammed. We had our own bathroom which has slanted ceilings (at the peak of the home) so be careful standing up from the toilet if you're tall. I wouldn't have that small feature distract anyone from staying here...just be informed.

The breakfast made for you is awesome and fresh. We had stuffed french toast one morning and eggs and a homemade raspberry muffin the next. Both mornings our breakfast came with fresh fruit from a nearby town (Bay City melons) and OJ. Our son has food allergies and he was even catered to, which impressed us quite a bit!

Before leaving Jill was kind enough to capture a picture of us with our friends whom we see only once-twice a year. If you're in Caro or a nearby town....give this property a try!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnaoutofAnnapolis
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Ms. Sue Ellen is a wonderful lady.
I have frequented her place several times.
Ms. Sue Ellen has performed exemplary talent tailoring my cloaks on several occasions.
She and her home are reminiscent of when my grandmother took care of me.
Clean as a whistle, warm and loving. Her abode is a lovely place to visit. She has class.

Room Tip: Some times a nice dog pet is present.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Garden Gate Bed and Breakfast has it all - impeccable cleanliness, gorgeous garden setting around the entire property, charming, low key hosts and a gourmet breakfast ( fresh from the farm blueberries and melon, perfectly prepared eggs benedict and bottomless cups of great coffee!

Room Tip: The loft room suited a shorty like me!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business