“Good place to talk and share a meal.”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Crossroads Cafe
Ranked #6 of 17 Restaurants in Chesaning
Reviewed 11 June 2015

This was our first trip to Crossroads Cafe. My husband and I met a friend there for breakfast and good conversation. This is a "farmer cafe", most of the clientele appears to be locals, common working class folks that love to linger over food without breaking the budget.
We wanted good food that was fairly priced and time to linger long enough to have a meaningful conversation. This was a great place for all of those things. This is not fast food, nor do they hover over you hoping you will leave soon. Sit and enjoy.
Our orders were accurate. The restaurant was very busy and orders were filled in the order in which they were placed. There is one waitress.

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Okay I know this is in a small town of Oakley..the food is great but I believe it needs some updating....service is a bit slow but the food is worth the wait

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We wanted to try this place, so we plugged the above address into our GPS. Now, I am fairly familiar with Chesaning, but this address took us into a residential area, with nothing that looked like a restaurant in sight. Wound up having lunch at the Showboat, and asked about the Crossroads Cafe. Well, we were told that it is located in Oakley, which is a very small town somewhat west and south, and about seven miles from Chesaning. When we got home, I checked the above address on Mapquest, and realized that it is a place that I mistakenly thought was named, The Crossing, since it is located on M-52, at the railroad crossing in the heart of Oakley. Mystery solved.

Having said that, it turns out that it is a spot that we have frequented for Sunday morning breakfast, and the food is very good, the service is very good, and the ambiance is typical small town. As a matter of fact, when we go there, we make it a point to drive our pickup, just so that we don't look out of place when parking. The most awesome breakfast that they serve is their Southern Omelet, which I can only handle half of, saving the rest for another meal.

Chesaning might be their mailing address, but if using the GPS to find it, enter Oakley for the city.

2  Thank Frederick B
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The service was excellent, the waitress very friendly and the food was awesome!

2  Thank Yvette0630