“Delicious Lunch and Great Atmosphere”
Review of Mulberry Cafe

Mulberry Cafe
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Clare
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This restaurant is in a delightful old house, and includes a cute gift shop! The food was delicious, and the service was good.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

My husband and I stopped here for brunch on our way home from Boyne. My niece has a cottage in Clare and recommended it. We had the quiche of the day, a scone and fruit cup - yummy! And their coffee is excellent - it's a Swedish coffee. Will do our best to get here again. Very much recommended.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We sat for over 10 minutes to put in our order then waited another 20 minutes for our food. We ordered eggs overeasy and hashbrowns.
The staff had too many tables to handle, but the restaurant was not full.
Pack your patience if you are going to try this place!!!
Disappointing cause it had great reviews.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

This was a planned breakfast with three couples. Since I knew the day before that we would be going here, I looked at the menu online. Then I contacted them to ask what options they had for a vegan guest. There is oatmeal and a fruit cup on the breakfast menu. After a few messages it was figured out, using ingredients from their menu. This also gave the cook a heads up.

This place does not do reservations, except for large groups. We got sat in the big back room. It was full and it was VERY loud in there. My father in law has hearing aids and couldn't hear us over the noise.

I ordered a custom potato skillet with bell peppers, tomato, mushroom, and onion cooked with vegetable oil, not butter/dairy. It came with a plastic cup of fruit. It was good.

Others had breakfast sandwiches and omelettes. Each omelette came with three plastic cups (see pictures.) There is a cup of plastic straws on the table. I will say: at least they are not in each drink when they are brought to you.

I mention the single use plastics because they are bad for the environment. Some countries, cities and businesses are banning single use plastics like straws, utensils, and shopping bags.

There is a shared parking lot on one side of the house and parking spots along the road on the other side of the house. Not a regular parking lot just for the house.

Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful breakfasts! Both days I ordered the special of the day. The ribeye steak omelette was superb. The second day some in our group ordered pie and ice cream as breakfast dessert.. This trip we just had breakfasts, however I’ve stopped here in the past and had excellent lunches, too. There is a fun gift store in another part of the house. Patio dining. The Mulberry Cafe is our go-to place for breakfast and lunch when passing through Clare. Not open for dinner.