“The Double Ruben is Excellent!”

Doherty Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 35 Restaurants in Clare
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I stopped by here for lunch during a bike ride on the Pere Marquette Trail. The six of us were promptly seated in the serving area located next to the full bar. The Friday lunch buffet was $13.95 (which we did not get) was unimpressive with only one hot meat choice but was mostly a salad bar. My son and I ordered the poutine for an appetizer. It was good. They were unfortunately out of chili and forgot to put bacon on top. Most of the group ordered the Doherty double Ruben which was excellent. Fish and chips and a bbq pork sandwich were also said to be very good. Excellent service. WiFi. Low top tables with linens and wood chairs. We were on bikes so I not aware of parking. I would return.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 15, 2018

Wanted to meet old friends from central MI while staying "up North" so we found the Doherty Hotel for lunch. Perfect choice, still that wonderful touch of old elegance and warmth. Had a great soup/salad bar and diverse menu that was tasty. But what we REALLY appreciated was letting us cordially stay after the lunch hour to visit. Could have ask us to leave but were very gracious.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 12, 2018

This is family owned local hotel restaurant and bar. It is one of the favorite places for friends to meet and enjoy. The menu is varied and has something for every taste. Service is fast , and staff is friendly and welcoming.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Have always heard good things about this place. Went there after a funeral we attended in Clare. The menu selection wasn’t anything special and the food was average. Would eat there again if I had to but wouldn’t drive to Clare just to eat at this place.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2018

The place was crowded and I'm not sure why. Tight quarters. I was bumped into several times while eating. The food was okay but overpriced for what we received and the service was a little slow. Not on my list of places to return to.

Date of visit: October 2017