“Clean and quick dinner while on the road.”

Ponderosa Steakhouse
Ranked #12 of 35 Restaurants in Clare
Reviewed July 9, 2018

While traveling, Ponderosa is one of my "easy" go to restaurants - most are dated and have pretty bland food. Due to food intolerance (celiac), I have pretty limited options (sticking to meat, vegetables, & salad) but my steak was cooked to order and the salad bar was well stocked. This location was clean and not-so-dated. Service was very good/attentive. Ate there during a stay in April and a stay in March. Did not get sick (due to celiac/gluten exposure) either time, would return again next time I in the area and would recommend.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This restaurant was as expected for this type of establishment. Food was fresh with cold foods cold, and hot foods hot. Service was a little lacking. Had to keep asking for napkins and drink refills. Overall, OK experience. It got us in and out quickly and on our way.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 4, 2018

We started off by sitting at a table that wasn't very clean even though it had been wiped down. We looked around and it was still the cleanest one that we could see. We waited over 10 minutes for the waitress to pick up our food that had been sitting ready at the cook's counter. I told the waitress that my food was cold and all she said was "Sorry" and walked away. Well my steak was terrible also, tougher than shoe leather. Most items on the buffet were either old or cold. We won't be back to this dump evet again. I would rather eat at McDonald's any day or for a good steak and same prices, go to Texas Roadhouse in Mount Pleasant.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018

Went with my father, myself and my 3 boys preteen to teen. Had 3 adult buffets and two youngest boys had steak bites and fries which included buffet. Went around 3:45 PM. Decent enough variety and kids enjoyed steak bites but fries were kind of soft/ starchy. Some of the food was pretty good but as with buffets some were kind of bland, dry etc. Had a great waitress and not very busy probably due to the time as well since after lunchtime but a little early for supper.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Took my nephew and a few Amish gentlemen here after a business meeting. Everyone found something they liked on the buffet and even had dessert. All were very satisfied with food quality and service.

Date of visit: October 2017