“Bring Your Own Hot Water”

Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I don't know why my room was as far away from the front lobby as possible, I guess it would be so I could not complain. (there were 5 cars in the parking lot) The bed had a sheet and bed spread and supposedly a blanket. I was already for bed so I tried to call the front desk...no dial tone therefore no phone. So I dialed up the heat from the heater, it never got warm. Hmmmm....sooo I thought I would just take a hot shower to warm up...10 minutes after I turned on the water, there was still no hot water!! I shivered all night but got some sleep.

The breckfast the next morning was good and hot. At check-out the receptionist had no interest in my plight, she did not write down that I had no hot water or bad heater; just a "who cares" attitude.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Comfortpmg, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2011

This does not sound like the positive experience we want every guest to have at our hotel and for that we are truly sorry. I want to reassure you that measures have been taken to make sure these issues were dealt with. I know you will be pleasantly surprised when you so kindly give us a second chance. I would be happy to extend a special rate to you when you come back and in an upgraded room as well.

I will not have my guest leaving our hotel having bad experienced, I appreciate you leaving me this review even though I don't want to see these especially on the internet. But I have said it before everyone has room for improvement and only our guest can tell us what we can do to improve.

Please know how sorry we all our about your stay with us; if you would email me at abutcher@pinnaclepmg.com I would be happy to extend that special rate to you.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

We brought a group to this hotel for a sporting event nearby. The hotel had a huge empty parking lot, with faux windows in the front, giving us an odd impression when we arrived. But the hotel interior was very spacious. The pool area had a huge lounge surrounding it, similar to a "holidome," that felt almost deserted as there were so few people.

Our room was very small and had a slight odd smell to it at first, as if it was moldy or had pets / smokers in it previously. However, our associates in the upstairs rooms thought just the opposite as their rooms were more spacious and had no odor. We could hear next door and hallway noises easily, but there was minimal noise the night of our stay. The hallway where our room was located was very small and narrow, and gave me the feeling that I was in the building's basement. The air conditioner and bathroom looked worn, with just a fresh coat of paint over things to spruce them up. But the room itself was comfortable, and the bathroom facilities were fine to use.

The pool / hot tub were clean and very enjoyable, and the continental breakfast was excellent (aside from the sausage!) The service at the hotel was excellent too. Some of my party is very choosey about where they stay, but overall we were not disappointed and we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

I am very happy to know that you will return to our hotel, and even more happy that you said our staff gives excellent service. These comments make me even more proud than I already am of my staff. We do also have a wonderful breakfast I have to agree with you as well.

Let me assure you that some of the other things you mentioned are being addressed and updated as we are able to. We certainly do enjoy guest who enjoy staying with us and our goal is to make every guest enjoy there experience with us.

We have updated our rooms with an extra light every room has Fridge and Microwave and new pillows, and the hallways have more lights as well so they don't feel well like you said. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised when you stay again. Thank you for your kind words.

General Manger

Reviewed 1 November 2011

The entire facility is dated. Most times outside doors won't register your key to get in. Plumbing is poor, from clogged toilets, poor water pressure and weak shower stream. This hotel is a mecca of construction workers, and interstate workers who stay for weeks at a time. Not worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

My name is Amy and I am the General Manager at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Coldwater please except my deepest apology that you had a bad experience at our hotel. We strive to make sure our guest is happy so when things like this come up we want to get them taken care of ASAP.

All of our shower heads have been cleaned and some replaced this has made a huge improvement on the water pressure issue. I am very sorry you did not see the value in our hotel I would like to speak with you further on this if you could please email me at abutcher@pinnaclepmg.com or call 517-278-2017 so we can discuss this and see what we can do to improve and make it feel like it is worth it for you. We have such a wonderful pool area, game room, exercise room. We also have a great breakfast and our staff all is very accommodating. I am sure we can figure this out and do whatever it takes to take care of you as a continued Comfort guest.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Everything was pretty average here. I just picked it at random while passing thru the area. Decent layout. My biggest complaint would be the TV remote control was pretty grungy looking. I actually got a napkin to wrap around it when i was handling it. Everything else looked OK tho. The hotel was kinda hard to find. The sign was on the main road, but you had to go thru a strip-mall parking lot, turn right, then left and go down a long driveway to the parking lot. (But all 4 major motels at this exit were that way, this was better marked that 2 of the three others.).

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

. Thank you for your review we are so glad you chose us to stay with. I hope you brought that remote to the front desk. Just so you know that is not acceptable and has been gone over with the housekeeping staff.

I wish you were using words like wonderful excellent great, instead of average we so do not want to be average. Our hotel has that huge atrium with the pool and spa lots of tables and chairs to gather with friends or family. We also have banquet space for weddings and a bar so well average just doesn’t seem like the correct word.

Because that is the word you used would you please email me and explain in more detail to help me understand in your eyes what we need to do to make it excellent. abutcher@pinnaclepmg.com
I would truly appreciate your impute and help with this as it is very important to me to be excellent. Thank you for your time with this have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel because we were going to nearby Allen, Michigan to shop/browse at the antique stores in the city. The internet shows that the room has a microwave/refrigerator along with a bar/lounge in the hotel. Our room had none of the above. The room was clean and very small for 3 adults. They crammed 2 queen beds, television, small closet to hang up clothes and a small table with 2 chairs into the room. I was informed that the bar area is only used for special occasions. When on vacation I like to enjoy several cocktails without having the hassle of driving. The bed was very uncomfortable. They do have a pool, wi-fi, fitness center, game room and a continental breakfast. Be warned that there are 2 floors to the hotel and they do not have an elevator. The hotel supposedly has suites available. They did not have any the 2 nights that we visited. The room was $99.00 each night and it definitely was not worth the price that we paid.

Room Tip: Investigate getting a suite instead of a regular room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank kdm52
Comfortpmg, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2011

Hi this is Amy from the Comfort Inn & Suites in Coldwater. I would like to take a moment to thank you for your review. Without our guests reviews we can't make the changes that may need to be made.

I am very sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our entire staff hopes you will come back and see us again.Please tell me what I can do to make this up to you.

If you would come back and give us another chance I would be happy to put you in our family suite. This room has a kitchenette and jacuzzi with space for a family it also has a pull out sofa.
Or we can do any other room you would like. Please contact me and we can go over all the details. I can be reached at abutcher@pinnaclepmg.com or 517-369-2017.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is no 5 star hotel, but it got the job done just fine. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and everything was in working order. My only real issue was with the shower head; the water came out funky on both settings. Aside from that, this was a very decent place to stay in the area.

Also, the complimentary breakfast was surprisingly good.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank sn0wsn0wsn0w

Thank you for your review all of us at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Coldwater are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and would come back and stay again. I am pleased as well to know our staff took care of you. We do have a wonderful team and all of us want you to enjoy your experience. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel on my way to visit family in the area. The staff wa friendly. I even got an upgrade to a suite. The room was very spacious and clean. My only observation if a negative was the signing off the interstate back to the property. For a clean, decent affordable place to spend the night, it would be my recommendation. Thank you staff for a nice night away from home

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Xavsbud

Our housekeeping staff do a wonderful job as do our maintenance and our front desk. Put all of this together and that is what makes our hotel a wonderful place to bring your family. We are very happy you stayed with us and had a pleasant stay. When passing through again we hope you will stay with us as we look forward to having you.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldwater
0.9 km away
25.2 km away
Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville/Hillsdale
0.7 km away
Best Western Plus Coldwater Hotel

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Coldwater? Share your experiences!