“Literally falling apart before your eyes.”
Review of Coldwater Inn

Coldwater Inn
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Coldwater
Springfield, Illinois
“Literally falling apart before your eyes.”
Reviewed 9 August 2010

From the outside, the hotel looked ok. And the staff was great. However, the rooms were disgusting, the plumbing didn't work, the light in the bathroom didn't work, and once a light bulb fell out of the ceiling when a door was closed.

This is a hotel of last resort.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Online pictures look OK, but don't believe what you see. Stained toilet, broken tiles, Kleenex holder empty. End of a roll of toilet paper, shower head broken & shoots a stream like a garden hose. One set of thin well worn towels. A centipede and another water bug in the shower. While filling a glass from the sink a good size piece of black gunk came out of the faucet. Refrigerator in room not working and had an old package of cheese in it. Sheets were clean, one pillow looked almost new, the other very flat & inside the pillow case a lot of yellow stains. Mattress old and not comfortable. Room smelled stale. The door to our room sounded like it locked when closed, but could be pushed open. Saturday evening front desk young gentlemen was attentive and replaced the fridge, and had the door repaired, however the next morning the door again could be pushed open. The view out the window was of tall underbrush up close to the window.

Sunday morning continental breakfast had no milk to go with the dry cereal. There were no forks available and only one third of a container of batter to make waffles. There was no fresh fruit. Opening a cabinet drawer to look for forks revealed a container with brown coffee fluid that had flooded the drawer. The ice machine was old, empty and looked like it had not been running for quite a while. No other ice machine on the premises. A guest at the non-continental breakfast shared a similar experience, and said she would not return.
The response from the Sunday morning front desk was minimal. "The manager did not bring in the milk this morning." and "The ice machine isn't working ?" The only thing that worked right was the WIFI. In retrospect we should have left that night..
I wish I had read the reviews here first., and I should have taken photos to post here. Makes me wonder who wrote the few good ones listed here....I'm also going to email the Super8 corporate office regarding this location.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Coldwater hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 June 2010

The manager is never in. They have some kids running the place 24/7. The rooms are disgusting. My bed had hair, stains, vomit and who knows what else. I also found dead bugs in my bathroom and by the window. There breakfest isnt even decent. We spent most of our time outside because the place was so disgusting and trashy. I actually felt bad for the poor kid running front desk he must never sleep and he was getting yelled at by many people. This is what they call a ROACH MOTEL!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Arkansas
Reviewed 31 May 2010

Sign was out. Took 30 mins. to find. No towels in room. Old.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Jackson, Michigan
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My husband and I reserved and checked into this motel last night but we didn't stay long. Upon entering, the room seemed ok, but we found that there was very little toilet tissue on the roll with no extra roll. There was an empty box in the tissue holder and only one bath towel. I got toilet tissue from the desk clerk who responded, oh my gosh, to every thing that was wrong. When I turned the bed covers down, I discovered that the sheets were wrinkled and covered with body hair. I picked up the phone to call the front desk and saw that the cradle of the phone was covered with dust and a hair. I sanitized the phone with hand sanitizer and called the front desk and informed the desk clerk about the sheet situation. He said oh my gosh, I will be right up. He brought two flat sheets that were too small for the queen bed. I helped him change the sheets and he left. My husband found hair all over the bath room floor and that was the last straw. We checked out and went to a different motel that was clean. Besides the fact that we could have slept on sheets that some unknown person had slept on, we were out the money for another motel. I would not stay at this motel if it were free. Dirty and unhealthy.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Everything looked fine until we got into our room. They gave us a handicapped accessible room first because they didn't have a luggage cart or an elevator for us to haul everything to our room. That room looked as if it hadn't been cleaned or vaccumed in over a year. The toilet was filthy as well as the bathroom floor. The bedding had hair embedded in the pillowcases. The pillowcases had been turned over to "hide" the yellow stains.

We were moved into a king sized bed room after we complained. Although the bathroom was cleaner, the bedding and floors were no better.

We will not ever stay here again. I would have gladly paid the $70 for the Days Inn down the road if I knew how bad this place was.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 August 2009

I stayed 4 nights to attend a convention in Colon Mi . It was a great deal at about $43 a night with a simple breakfast . FYI magicians reading this it is on the far side of town from Colon - the Coldwater Econolodge is about 3 miles closer to Colon -I often went back to my motel during the day so the 3 miles added up .

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coldwater
1.0 km away
27.0 km away
Ramada Angola/Fremont Area
25.5 km away
Americas Best Value Inn-Jonesville/Hillsdale

Been to Coldwater Inn? Share your experiences!