Review Highlights
Historic Theatre

This theater has been restored on the outside and is working to get the inside restored. They have... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018
bairslair
Coldwater, Michigan
A true gem!

Whenever you visit Coldwater, without a doubt, the place to visit is the Tibbits Opera House. Take... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2018
jim o
Coldwater, Michigan
via mobile

All reviews summer stock summer theater small town old building great place all ages definitely worth a visit the lower level great entertainment beautiful historical building a true gem top notch community concert stage performance shows
Reviewed October 7, 2017

I've been to Tibbetts several times for plays. It's a small, intimate theater. I've been fortunate to sit fairly close to the stage on all my visits so acoustics have been very good. I'm planning to see Jeff Daniels there in November so this will be a different type event. The only issue I have, which won't effect most people, is that the seats are very low. I've had bi-lateral knee replacement so low things aren't as easy for me to navigate. All in all, I highly recommend this theater.

Date of experience: July 2017
Stephanie B, Director of Operations at Tibbits Opera House, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2017

Thank you for your review. We're happy you'll be joining us in November!

In case you didn't know, we do have some "booster seat" cushions available. They are put out during kids' events, but not for general events. Any usher would be delighted to get you a cushion. Sometimes I've used them as additional back support if I'm dealing with back pain on the night of a show...one or two of these might be the solution for you, too!

Reviewed October 3, 2017

we have been to plays, concerts and weddings here. The old opera house is a nice venue. Comfy seating, wide isles and there is always someone there to answer any questions you may have.

Date of experience: July 2017
Stephanie B, Director of Operations at Tibbits Opera House, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Thank you for your review! We hope you'll join us for other events, like our auction, Jeff Daniels concert, or Classic Film Series this fall!

Reviewed September 6, 2017

Tin its is awesome! The shows they put on are amazing!!! I saw Footloose and the singing and dancing were fabulous.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Best popcorn theater for kids. Summer theater program is top notch. The architecture and history is so beautiful. Definitely worth a visit.

Date of experience: June 2017
Stephanie B, Director of Audience Services & Outreach at Tibbits Opera House, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2017

Thank you so much for the review & for visiting us! I like to invite you to come for our Entertainment Series (Love, Loss & What I Wore; Jeff Daniels; Best of the Eagles, the Eagles Tribute Band; Comedy Fest) and our new Classic Film Series this fall/winter, too!

Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

What a great summer stock performance. Choreography was excellent, as well as costumes and overall performance. Set a record.

Date of experience: August 2017