“Outdated and dirty.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Davison
Lowell, Michigan
“Outdated and dirty.”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

Double queen room very outdated and stinky. Room smells like musty mold and smoke. Carpet stained, has burn holes and there is actually a square cut out and glued back. The bed box springs are coming apart. You can actually see stuffing falling out of the side of the bed. The list goes on!!

• Stayed July 2011
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 19 July 2011
Thank you for commenting on your stay. I am sorry your stay with us did not live up to your expectations.

Whenever anyone makes a reservation or walks in to get a room, we are always very clear about the types of rooms we have available and what rooms we are offering to you.

The Hotel is currently at a point where half of our rooms are recently renovated and the other half are not. Some of these rooms that are Not Renovated were Previously Smoking rooms until the law was passed not allowing smoking in public buildings. We are always very upfront about this. Some of our guests choose to stay in these rooms due to the Price being Less than our newly renovated rooms. They have been happy with their stays because they were informed about the room in the beginning and it saves them money for their stay.

I always suggest to everyone (whether staying here with us or at any hotel): If you are unhappy with your room, please let the Front Desk know right away. This gives them the opportunity to make it right by offering you another room or possibly give other options to resolve your dissatisfaction.

I hope you will stay with us again. May I suggest you try one of our Newly Renovated rooms during your next stay? I think you will be pleasantly surprised how nice they are.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I wouldn't recommend making reservations for this place. They don't cancel reservations when asked to and now I'm stuck with a $700.00+ bill they say I owe them. I called the end of March to cancel my reservations for 8 rooms and the girl that answered was extremely busy and said she would call me right back and do the cancellation with me. But she never did, so I assumed (which was wrong of me) she did cancel it! Now they say I'm responsible for this bill! Because I don't have a cancellation number. This is absurd, it's not my fault they hire incompetent employees that don't follow through when their supposed too. I will tell everyone I know NOT to ever stay at Comfort Inn in Davison and plan on making sure it gets put on facebook and anywhere else I can put it.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, period!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Travis-at-CID, Manager at Best Western Davison Inn, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
To KLZ_51,

Thank you for your comments. As it was explained to you, we do not show any record of your reservations for the 9 rooms being canceled. Anytime a reservation is canceled, a cancelation number is always given. Without those numbers, or even a specific date / time that you called, or name of whom you spoke with, there is no documentation that you did cancel.

Since the rooms were still reserved and guaranteed with a Credit Card, the rooms were held for you. When no one shows to check into those rooms, you are charged for them as a "Guaranteed - No Show", as we did hold them for you and could not sell them to anyone else. Being that it was a sold out night for us, we could have sold those rooms many times over if they had in fact been canceled, which prevents me from being able to make any adjustments to your bill.

I feel my staff did everything they could to help prevent this situation. We never call future guests, however with this amount of rooms, we did decide to break our rule and give you a ‘courtesy phone call’ to the number you provided, on the day prior to your arrival date and again on the date of arrival to reconfirm you would need these rooms.

I am sorry this situation occurred and find it unfortunate that you felt the need to post this comment. As I have said before, if you find documentation proving your cancelation, please forward it to us for review.

Travis
Manager
Comfort Inn Davison
So Cal
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Mixed review this time.

A year ago I gave the Comfort Inn in Davison, MI a good review.

Yes, this is a budget hotel and expectations should be set accordingly.

But here is what I found this time:

There is some renovation ongoing and the halls/stairways were being re-painted and the bare drywall was exposed with the visible “taping mud”. The joints had been sanded and the dust was left in place on the floor for my entire stay – 4+ days, I only saw a worker one time in 4 – 5 days I was there, and he was staining the hand rails. But the heavy dust was still on the floors. This caused me to have my allergies kick up and I had sinus problems the entire stay. Once I returned home all was well again. Also, this time, my comforter on my bed had cigarette burn holes it in on the underside. I folded it back each morning so the maid could see it. But it was never replaced. I did this on purpose just to get an idea of their attention to detail. FAIL! The burn holes were obvious, as they were dark brown/black holes, on a white background. Note to hotel manager: Have your maids check this in all your rooms. It really gave a bad impression. The TV was the old style and small.

On the good side, the bathroom towels in my room were some of the nicest and softest I’ve had at any hotel, independent of the class of hotel. Now, I may have been lucky and got brand new towels, or they just upgraded to new towels, but they were very nice.

I’m up in the air if I’d stay there again, but I’d definitely ask if the renovation was done before booking.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank SoCal_Worldtraveller
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry your stay this time was not as good as your last.

I am happy to report that all of the Hallway / Common area Renovations will be completed by the end of this month (July 2011)! Once these have been finished, we will be continuing renovations in the 2nd half of our Guest Rooms, however we will be doing them a few rooms at a time, so this should not effect anyone's stay with us.

To respond to your comments about the Comforters: As rooms have been renovated, we are changing everything from the Carpet to Ceiling and this includes Comforters. The un-renovated rooms do have the other Comforters, but the order has been placed and we will be changing them all very soon.

I hope you will stay with us again. On your next stay, may I suggest (for just a few dollars more) to try one of our 2 queen Renovated rooms? Everything is new and I believe you will enjoy them much more.

We hope to see you again soon!
So Cal
Reviewed 26 October 2010

I had the option of staying in Frankenmuth, Birch Run or Davison for a recent trip to that area. In the past I've stayed in either Frankenmuth or Birch Run, but I was shocked at the prices for this time of year at the hotels in those two locations. So a relative suggested Davison. The price was 1/2 of what I would have paid in the other locations, YES, half.

The room was a previously "Smoking allowed" room and I was warned that it might still have a slight "smoky" smell. It was very minor and did not in the least change my mind.

Good place and a very reasonable price.

One minor complaint (and this is good for most hotels) why is the pre-set volume on the TV, when you first turn it on, SO high? Never know why they set it so high.

The restuarant next door - Lucky's Steakhouse is a must visit. The food was very good, large portions and reasonable priced. We ate there twice. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank SoCal_Worldtraveller
Thank you for the nice comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have quite a few people stay with us just for the same reason you did. We are located about 30 minutes from Frankenmuth/Birch Run area and we do have several people prefer to make the short drive to avoid the higher priced Hotels.

We are currently half way renovated and will be picking that up again shortly. The room you stayed in of course has not been done yet, and so we offer an even better rate on those rooms. We are always very careful to be as descriptive as possible so you will know what type of room you are booking and will have no surprises when you arrive, whether you choose an un-renovated room for the lesser price, or decide to pay just a few more dollars for a newly renovated room.

We look forward to your staying with us again soon!
Davison, Michigan
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Very clean and very professional. The staff goes above and beyond expectations to make sure the guests are comfortable and happy. Beautiful!!

Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Katie197522
Thank you for the nice comments and wonderful review!

We look forward to your staying with us again soon.
SWISHER
Reviewed 12 July 2010

I was taking my 79 year old mother on a cross country trip. We stopped at the Comfort Inn for one night because it was close to the interstate. We left again the next morning. The room was a little dated in the decor, but was very clean and quiet. The breakfast area has been remodeled and is very nice, with a fairly good breakfast selection, including a waffle maker. An Applebees is close by (within walking distance) for dinner. This place made for a good stop and is just an hour from the US/Canadian border.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Thank you for your nice comments! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have several Guests who stop while traveling to and from Canada, as you stated, due to being right off the Interstate and only about an hour from the border.

To respond to the note of the rooms being "a little dated", you are correct, or should I say, "Half correct"? Since your stay with us, we have continued the renovations from the Breakfast area/Lobby into our Guest Rooms. I am happy to say more than half of our Hotel is now fully renovated and half of our Guest Rooms have been completly remodeled from floor to ceiling to give them a fresh, modern, 'up to date' look and feel.

When you come to stay with us again, you will now have a choice

I hope you will stay with us again soon, and will be able to enjoy one of our newly renovated rooms!
michigan
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Thanks to a coupon in the Flint Journal friday entertainer we stayed in a jacuzzi suite for $69.00+ tax vs $126.00. It was very clean and well set up. Accomodations included a blow dryer, ironing board w/ iron, coffee pot, refrigerator, microwave, Tv/Vcr, full bath room, jacuzzi tub, desk and chair, table and 2 chairs, pull out sofa bed and king sized bed w/ 3 pillows. The room was well kept and very clean. The hotel is very well set with great decore and the staff is fast and friendly. This wasn't my first time there or in any hotel for that matter so I can say with experience that you get what you pay for and with Comfort Inn davison you pay less and get more. The coupons will run for a few more months or so and they are good for 1 whirlpool suite for 2/ sun-thur. nights $69.00+tax / fri-sat. nights $89.00.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your nice comments!

I am glad you were able to take advantage of our Coupon Offer. We do not currently have a coupon running during the summer months, but it will be back in the fall and will run until the spring.

I also incourage everyone to ask about our Whirlpool Suite / Dinner packages which are a good value and include a one night stay in the Whirlpool Suite and a $50.00 Gift Certificate to one of 3 local Restaurants of your choosing. We run this special everyday, all year long.

We look forward to your next stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Davison
15.9 km away
16.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Lapeer
18.9 km away
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Davison Inn? Share your experiences!