“Love the Deep Dish Pizza”
Review of Pizza Papalis Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Papalis Restaurant
Description: Dearborn, MI 48124
Description: Dearborn, MI 48124
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I had never tried deep dish before as someone recommended to go there. Although a pricey place to eat, very delicious indeed.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently went to dinner here after another local Detroit pizza place was full. I was a little hesitant upon entrance because the place was almost empty. I had eaten at the locations in downtown Detroit and Toledo numerous times and loved it. I also knew how long it takes to get a deep dish... 35 minutes. With this knowledge we gave it a shot.

However, an hour and fifteen minutes after ordering our pizza finally arrived, we ordered the VIP and received a vegetarian. The quality of the normal pan pizzas was also suspect. My son's individual kid pizza did not come until this time even though we ordered it to come out first.

Service was slow and the manager did next to nothing to help us. We could not wait any longer for the correct pizza. It is easy to see why the pizza place a block down the street was jammed and this place was dead. The other franchise locations of pizza papalis are great, DO NOT go to the Dearborn location.

1  Thank HB5150
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Be ready to shell out some money for pizza or much of anything else here. Starting with parking issues in West Dearborn, and ending with a bill that will shock you. I have tried Chicago style pizza at a number of places and this is just okay. Nothing wrong with the food, service, or atmosphere but not worth the price you will pay. The pizza is okay, but not great. I think many of the positive reviews come from the novelty of the pizza rather than the taste or value. Go down the street to Buddy's and try some of the best pizza in Detroit or the country as decades of awards and "best of" magazines, websites, papers, TV shows, contests, and other listings have proven (it's not just my word on that).

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I first eat here in the 80's, the pizza was thicker then and bigger. But the flavor and taste is still the same. I have been to Chicago and tried alot of the deep dish pizza's and pizza papalis is still the best pizza around. Its the next best thing to ??? .

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This restaurant was very accomodating. My husband had just run a marathon and needed a quick meal so the staff recommended something to order and brough two colas to the table immediately. My salad had cheese in the dressing, which I can't eat, so I was brought another, larger salad to replace it. The vegetables were cold and fresh. My deep-dish pizza was perfect, tomato sauce was just the right sweetness, and the spinach filling (no cheese) managed to stand on its own. So nice for the restaurant to adapt the recipe and still be so delicious. My husband ate the large, delicious Philly cheese steak sandwich in about one minute! Service was friendly and prices were very reasonable.