“The best deep dish pizza!”
Review of Pizza Papalis Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pizza Papalis Restaurant
Description: Dearborn, MI 48124
Description: Dearborn, MI 48124
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is the best deep dish pizza around. There isn't much else to say, it's great and it's great consistently. Make sure you are hungry and understand that there is going to be a 45 minute cook time. You will leave stuffed and happy! I recommend the deep dish VIP.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We tried the resteraunt on our trip and ordered loaded tator tots, 16oz of miller, and a pepperoni deep dish. The food was great, however while we were eating there were gnats flying around. The service was okay. Cost was about $40. Pizza was the best part and I would get another one.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I had never tried deep dish before as someone recommended to go there. Although a pricey place to eat, very delicious indeed.

Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We recently went to dinner here after another local Detroit pizza place was full. I was a little hesitant upon entrance because the place was almost empty. I had eaten at the locations in downtown Detroit and Toledo numerous times and loved it. I also knew how long it takes to get a deep dish... 35 minutes. With this knowledge we gave it a shot.

However, an hour and fifteen minutes after ordering our pizza finally arrived, we ordered the VIP and received a vegetarian. The quality of the normal pan pizzas was also suspect. My son's individual kid pizza did not come until this time even though we ordered it to come out first.

Service was slow and the manager did next to nothing to help us. We could not wait any longer for the correct pizza. It is easy to see why the pizza place a block down the street was jammed and this place was dead. The other franchise locations of pizza papalis are great, DO NOT go to the Dearborn location.

1  Thank HB5150
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Be ready to shell out some money for pizza or much of anything else here. Starting with parking issues in West Dearborn, and ending with a bill that will shock you. I have tried Chicago style pizza at a number of places and this is just okay. Nothing wrong with the food, service, or atmosphere but not worth the price you will pay. The pizza is okay, but not great. I think many of the positive reviews come from the novelty of the pizza rather than the taste or value. Go down the street to Buddy's and try some of the best pizza in Detroit or the country as decades of awards and "best of" magazines, websites, papers, TV shows, contests, and other listings have proven (it's not just my word on that).