“Charming old hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Los Angeles
“Charming old hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

The lobby was very charming. The room was nice. I stayed 3 nights for my cousin's wedding at the Henry Ford museum. It was very convenient.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Toronto, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My family (wife and 7 month old son) and I stayed here for 3 nights, and found the hotel very pleasant, and surprisingly quiet.
The outside of the hotel is very impressive, taking you back in time to this historical estate. It was surprising that the bell-boy let me take the luggage trolley, without offering to help with our bags, and then asking me to bring it back down when I am done with it!
The room was spacious enough for us, with a king bed and travel crib. After reading other reviews, we were definitely expecting smaller.
The closet was spacious, and the bathroom was also very big. I think we got a bigger room because it was set up for families or elderly (based on all the railings in the bathroom and in the shower).
The hotel was very accommodating, as we had requested a crib and fridge in the room, both of which were waiting for us. They brought us a microwave while we were there, which was very useful for warming up food for the baby. Guest services was very polite and helpful throughout our stay, and response times were quick.
There is no internet in the rooms (unless you pay for it), only wi-fi in the lobby, which was disappointing. Other hotels of this calibre do offer free wireless internet in the rooms, so this was definitely a downside.
The bed was comfortable, however we did find that we could hear every door the opens and closes in the hallway.
We have stayed at The Henry and The Hyatt in dearborn, and would say that The Dearborn Inn ranks with them in the top 3 hotels I would stay at again in Dearborn.
We stayed here in the winter, so we could not appreciate the grounds as much, or enjoy a swim, so maybe next time we plan a trip it would be during the summer.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor, near the concierge, which was a bigger room, with a bigger bathroom...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kassim1197
Oak Brook, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed in this hotel as part of a wedding party and were given a room in the main hotel. The room was nice although VERY small - the king size bed pretty much took up all the space. If you're going to be spending any amount of time in your room you may want to ask for a larger one if possible. It's definitely an older hotel (small rooms, small elevators) but was well kept up. It was surprisingly quiet and we had a great night of sleep. The room was very clean. My only complaint is that the employee at the front desk continually only addressed my husband and only spoke to him, even though the reservation was in my name, I was the one talking to him, and I was the one paying. Oh well! Very close to the Ford plant, and we had a good view of the test track - very cool.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night to attend a friend's wedding. Our stay was wonderful! Check-in was easy, and the hotel staff was very friendly. The decor of the hotel reflects the history of the Detroit area and creates a charming atmosphere. Our room was on the 3rd floor; it was spacious and clean. The wedding took place in one of the meeting rooms and was very nicely done. Overall, it was a great stay!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel is very pretty and nicely decorated, the rooms are clean and comfortable. I found this to be a good buy for the money, especially given its history and boutique feel. The only downside was that I found the staff to be a little stuffy and not particularly helpful, otherwise, it is a beautiful and comfortable hotel that merits a stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank margozinha1
Flat Rock, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We stayed on a Saturday night. The room was very nice. The only downside was that the brunch is no longer fancy every Sunday, only on holidays. I loved the bed and bedding so much it was like being on a cloud.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank lafternlov
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I grew up, quite literally, at The Dearborn Inn. My parents used to dress us up and take us for Roy Rogers/Shirley Temples at The Eagle Tavern and then we would have dinner there. More recently, I stay there whenever I am in the Detroit area on business. One night, my flight was hours late. All the restaurants on the way to the hotel were closed. When I went to the tavern, the kitchen was closed, but the women who works there had them make dinner (burger and fries) for me anyway. It is this type of service that brings me back, again and again.

The rooms are classic, and can be small, but it is an old hotel. I love The Dearborn Inn, and always will. It is a homey place and all that the word Inn implies.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank BlahBlah10708
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
2.8 km away
Staybridge Suites Dearborn
#7 of 18 in Dearborn
3.7 km away
Courtyard Detroit Dearborn

Been to The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!