“Great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Dearborn
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed there on Mar 3, 2012 and thought it was just wonderful. Check-in was very quick. Clean, spacious room, free wifi, nice indoor pool and hot tub. My kids got a kick out of the top-hatted doorman who was super-friendly and well versed in Hello Kitty. I'd go back in a heartbeat. The Sunday morning brunch was rather expensive for what it was - $20 per adult - so I think I would hesitate to eat there again. The quality was ok but a rather limited selection for that amount of money. And the service was painfully slow.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank stfdgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

The service at this hotel has declined since the name changed from the Ritz Carleton. I had my wedding guests stay at the Henry. When I secured the room block, I was told that in order to secure a large room block I had to put down my credit card. I had no trouble doing so, as I expected a large group. Then the woman in charge of reservations encouraged me not to put my card down, as they would contact me well in advance if the hotel was anywhere near full. The hotel was essentially full when they contacted me, and my guests were being denied the negotiated rate and told that they must pay full price. Many of my guests were disappointed because they could not afford the full price.

In addition, I held a brunch on the Sunday after my wedding. I searched for someone after the brunch in order to settle the bill and was told that it would be put on my room charge. When I tried checking out, they told me that my room had already been taken care of. In the months to come, it was discovered that the hotel had charged me once for the breakfast and had also charged my brother for the same breakfast. The hotel noticed this discrepancy and refunded my charge instead of my brothers. When they contacted me to right the problem, they refused to credit my brother's account, which is illegal, since he was not in any way financially responsible for the bill. I was totally outraged.

That being said, the breakfast was lovely and the honeymoon suite was very nice. They even had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Gusto41
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here in November 2011 and could not find anything to complain about. From the service right when we pulled up at the door, to the front desk, the room (free wi-fi!), the restaurant, the lobby, the location... EVERYTHING was top quality.
We travel to Dearborn a couple times in the year, and have previously stayed at The Hyatt and the Dearborn Inn Marriott, but despite both being excellent choices, The Henry trumps them both.
We would stay here next time without thinking twice.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kassim1197
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

All the premium business hotels modernized their look, but one thing that's not as simple as new beds and a flat panel TV is great service - and it's pretty great here - after my first trip I've been hearing "welcome back" when I first step out of the car, to the friendly reception greeting, to the attentive waiters and bartenders in the restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

I booked the Henry through Priceline and we had an amazing stay! The hotel by far is the best that I have stayed at within Dearborn. It is located across from Fairlane Mall and the commute into the downtown area is only a few minutes away. The food was amazing! You have to try their grilled cheese and vine tomato sandwich!! The lobby area is nothing like i've ever seen. Great artwork throughout that can be purchased from the gallery in the hotel. Facilities were state of the art, ballroom area was elegant. Staff was very friendly all throughout the hotel. Not one complaint at all. I'm definitely staying here again and have recommended it to many of my friends.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Artful hallways, bright and beautifully appointed rooms, comfy beds. Lively lounge with attentive and friendly staff serving a creative menu.

• Stayed February 2012
MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Great stay at the Henry. Staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Hotel has finally changed their look away from the older Ritz Carlton look. We were staying for an event and they pulled out all the stops. Beds were great and plenty of space to spread out in the room.

Would recommend to anyone coming to the area for sightseeing or business.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dearborn
2.8 km away
5.2 km away
Staybridge Suites Dearborn
Staybridge Suites Dearborn
#8 of 18 in Dearborn

Been to The Henry, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!