See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed overnight, last minute. Easy and quick accommodations.Quiet and safe.This always important when I'm traveling alone. (Good experience for the price). Located in convenient downtown Dearborn. Big mall -(Fairlane Town Center)-and lots of shopping near by was a great plus!

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2014

We did not stay the place was a dump! Unsavory characters in the lobby & surroundings. Smokey, dirty carpet, & rundown condition! Everything was very confining from elevator to hallways, & lobby. The surroundings like parking lot were seemingly unsafe- that area fencing from the public should be a must- not safe to walk or park!

Room tip: Just don't stay in this place- not a good family environment! We ended up at a DoubleTree for twice the price but 100% satisfied with our room!
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Dawlat K, Director of Sales at Americas Best Value Inn-Detroit/Dearborn, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2014

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your current stay at our location. I understand that the rooms are on the small side, the building was built in the 1800's, so there is a lot of history here. As far as the dirty carpet and the smell of smoke I will address the staff members about this. The area here is also very safe for parking and walking.

Reviewed November 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there one night in October 2014 when my furnace went out. It was an average stay. The room was small and average looking, but comfortable. The water was hot and the service when I needed a remote control delivered to the room and the heater checked was prompt. I would stay again if need be.

Date of stay: October 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment. We enjoy hearing from our guests. We try very hard to meet the needs of all our guests. If you are in need of another room please feel free to come back.

Reviewed September 30, 2014

I was not happy with this property. It looked OK from inside. I had a room on fourth floor with two queen beds, for 3 nights. I know the price was not bad so I didn't expect too much. But this was one of the worst i ever experienced:
*Carpet was extremely dirty
*Both sinks didn't work well. Not enough water coming out.
*Not enough hot water during peak hours
* Room air conditioner didn't work
*Opened one window to cool room down but no insect screen. Other window could not open
* There were little flying insects or mosquitoes biting all over my body. I had to buy insect spray and get prescription cortisone to stop itchiness for the remaining 2 nights.
*We didn't eat breakfast at the Inn. It was nothing to speak of.
* It was close to Henry Ford Museum, and it is relatively safe because it is in Dearborn, MI and close to the City Hall.

Room tip: I had reasonable good experience with Amer. Best value Inns before. This was one of the worst. Will not stay again for sure. There was a private parking, relatively safe.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry about your bad stay. We as a whole staff are working very hard to get this hotel on the up side of things. We have already replaced the missing screens, as well as other needed areas needed tended to. If ever you are in the area again please give our location another try.

Reviewed September 28, 2014

This hotel is a **** show. The neighbor offered me a hit of his weed and the service is horrible. I didn't feel safe there and the tv is 30 years old. Bring some electrical tape with you cause all the wires were cut. Bring a gas mask as well cause it smells like sex and weed. The door to the room was broke. The tv was broke, and the light was broke. The walls were torn and there were holes in the wall. If you can get around all that then good luck. I paid for the place. Walked in the door and left within a hour.

Date of stay: September 2014

Dear Guest,
As mentioned in other reviews we are working vigorously with our staff regarding the mishaps that do turn up. Our TV's have been upgraded for your convenience. The area is very safe. I'm not sure what certain smells smell like, but I do apologize for any you encountered.
If you are ever in the Dearborn area please feel free to try our location again to better suit you.