All reviews king bed was comfortable served its purpose complimentary breakfast people mover vehicle casino
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

This is an older property that could use some work. The beds were good and they always had coffee available. The tub in our room always was running water and had been painted but was peeling. The sink should have been replaced years ago. They do have a suttle service and all the employees were pleasant.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Gregory T
Reviewed February 17, 2018

A hotel in the downtown of a major American city for less than $100, taxes included. What do people expect? For more than twice the money you can stay a half mile up the road at the Renaissance Center-- and pay for parking. You will probably get a place that is newer and has more amenities for that money. But for someone who needs to crash for an evening or have a temporary office while visiting the Motor City, this can't be beat. The location, next to Christ's Church, allows for walking downtown in the evening and at night to get a beer safely (at least, I felt safe, but I am a male). After reading the reviews, I had two concerns-- cleanliness and safety. Both were met. I entered through the back entrance by the restaurant, and that hall was filthy, so I was somewhat apprehensive. However, the lobby area was clean, so I asked to look at a room and decided to try it. My only real complaint was the internet-- it worked during the daytime hours but when the motel was full in the evening there is not enough bandwidth, something important to attract the right kind of guests. In the morning I discovered the locks on my vehicle had frozen shut. Elijah, mentioned in other reviews, was most helpful. We chatted and I learned that the hotel has new owners and is trying to improve things. I mentioned the dirty hallway and internet. He was most interested and said he would pass that on. I met the head of the cleaning crew. Both she and Elijah seemed to take a real and genuine interest in their job, which I believe will result in increasingly better conditions. I was told the staff never lock their doors, there is security at night. So, overall, my needs were met and since I will be traveling to Detroit frequently in the future I expect to spend more time there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Douglas V
Reviewed February 17, 2018

Don't misunderstand, this is a no frills motel. You definitely get what you pay for. But the staff is friendly and efficient, everything is clean, if quite outdated, and the location is very convenient. If you need quiet, however, you should probably be looking elsewhere: the exterior rooms have zero soundproofing with the outside, and while the heater and fridge work, they do so noisily. If you know how to just crash in a room, you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Pick insider if you have noise sensitivity
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2018

Some of the appliances didn't work but the staff was very friendly and it was very clean. Continental breakfast had plenty to cover for an adult male and the location is prime for a less expensive stay near downtown detroit.

Room Tip: Near the river
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jump M
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel! Booked this hotel for a pistons game. Price was awesome and a good deal for the price for sure. Location is great and close to restaurants. We ordered pizza. Their shuttle was so Great to get to and from the pistons game!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends