All reviews people mover renaissance center ren cen valet parking jazz festival convenience store gm building front desk staff ford field nice view of the river comerica park breakfast buffet tigers game easy access would stay here again would recommend this hotel to anyone nice stay
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We came to Detroit to tour some colleges with our daughter. This is the 3rd time we have stayed downtown for different reasons and like this location. The view is great and it is easy to walk elsewhere to eat. We like the fact that there is a hotel bar and coffee shop and we can walk to many places. The hotel service is good and the rooms are nice and clean.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2018

We visited Detroit to watch a ball game, and this hotel was located downtown, close to the stadium. We have a river view, which was a bonus. Room was spacious, something I was not expecting as usually hotels in downtown metropolitan, their rooms are not spacious. We received the service I expected from Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Got a great Priceline deal for two nights for this convenient downtown location. It's right at a people mover station for getting around downtown if your feet are tired. My room was very clean and pleasant, and my 14th floor room had a nice view of the river and the amazing Guardian building (go on one of the Pure Detroit free tours of that!). I did self parking at a nearby garage since I didn't need my rental car much here. Close to the streetcar to get to Midtown too. I didn't use either but there's an IHOP and Applebee's in the lobby. It's right by the tunnel to Windsor, Canada, in case that's something you need to use.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2018

The hotel is so close to the Jazz Festival that when they shut it down for thumderstorms and told us it would resume after storms passed, we partied in our room with a view of the Festival and could see when to return. AC worked great and it was a hot weekend with temps near 90 and muggy. Love the new Applebees Ihop, bar and coffee bar. Room was great and quiet as usual.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

We have been staying here for the last 5 years. Convenient to all the attractions of the weekend. This trip was a disaster. The first room smelled like like smoke so they moved us. Second room the fridge was broken but we didn't know until we put all our food in it and it spoiled. Housekeeping did not come for two days after I stopped at the front desk and they assured me they would clean the room
Walked in and it was mess. Decided to speak to a manager who assured me the room would get serviced. Came back at night and the bed had been made but the floor not vacuumed, shampoo not replaced shoddy job at best. Went to the lobby to get coffee the tables dirty as well as the floor. They have a new Applebee's attached and they told us that the restaurant is open until 12. We came back Sunday night at 10 it was closed. Horrible service will think long and hard about ever coming back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple