1,543 results
All reviews cookies round bar people mover double tree front desk valet parking two room suite free shuttle living area shuttle service mile radius within miles wings excellent stay cobo center hotel bar upon check
Reviewed October 5, 2018

The is a great property on the inside. The service was superb and the room was fantastic. On arrival, we had a hard time finding parking and circled the property three times before we saw the small sign for valet. So this property does NOT have self parking as an option. And when we went to leave for the airport at 6:00am, we waited for 25 minutes for the valet to bring the car, stressing our time to get to the airport. As well, I would not go outside at night at this property. It was great on the inside, scary on the outside.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Michael G, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry that you felt unsafe outside of the hotel at night, be sure to check out our shuttle services if you need to travel in the evening. We're pleased to hear that our amenities and team could make your stay memorable, and apologize for the delayed valet service upon check out. Safe travels.

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay there, spacious rooms, friendly staff and nice amenities. Only complaint was housekeeping forgetting to leave coffee for the next day. Otherwise it was perfect, location is within walking distance to everything incl. stadiums. Free shuttle too and a real shoe shine which I appreciated. Definitely would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again during your next travels through Detroit! Safe travels.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

I had a great stay at the Doubletree while in Detroit. The staff was very pleasant and extremely helpful. My accommodations were great. The proximity to the convention center was great. Less than a 5 minute drive to tunnel over to Canada.:-)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Janice and thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby. I am pleased to hear that my team was helpful and accommodating and hope that you will return soon. Remember, we always have warm cookies with your name on them!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Good hotel for business at Cobo Center. Location is nice and hotel is clean. Staff for the most part pretty courteous. Mandatory incidental fees can become a problem if staying for an extended period.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Angela, and thank you for choosing DoubleTree Suites Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby! I am pleased to hear that our location and staff could make your stay enjoyable, and understand that the fees can be difficult but hope that those don't deter you from returning to a better experience when in Detroit.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

It's convenient. Using Lyft, the People Mover, and my two feet gave me access to every location I wanted to visit.

It's clean. And quiet (10th floor).

The staff, from the front desk to the cleaning staff, were friendly and efficient.

I've stayed here in 2016, 2017, and 2018 to attend the annual Murals in the Marketplace. Will do so again in 2019.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank remNexus
Michael G, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2018

Thank you for being a DoubleTree Suites Detroit Downtown - Fort Shelby regular! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again in 2019! Safe travels.