1,180 results
All reviewsgreektown casinopeople movermonroe streetfloor to ceiling windowsgreat view of the citymini barford fieldtigers gamecomerica parkcorner roomfree valet parkingnice roomrestaurants and barsbreakfast buffetroom servicesporting eventsroom key
Reviewed February 20, 2018

I booked this property thinking it a great value at $99/night for a AAA 4-diamond property. The fit and finish of this place is great. It's a very nice property, especially considering the room rate.

The downside is it's attached to a casino. That means that people are going to be loud at all hours of the night, they are going to be drunk at all hours of the night and that can really affect your sleep. I had a room on the 17th floor that was directly in line with the flood lights from the outside, so even with blackout shades, it was still decently bright in my room. Combine that with being woken up every 2 hours by loud people in the hallway coming to their rooms and it gets pretty frustrating. I was even woken up at 4:12am by 2 guys threatening to beat each other up almost directly in front of my room. It also took security 15 minutes to come up and break it up, which didn't leave me feeling particularly safe.

The good news is you can request a quieter floor in advance (which I learned after requesting a room change), so you can get the best of both worlds, you just have to know that in advance. Once I actually engaged the front desk (outside of the slow security response), they were very accommodating and gracious.

All-in-all, it's still a great value of a property, you just have to have your expectations set in advance to ensure you get the value of the property and not frustrated with the experience.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for it in advance, otherwise it could get loud from casino traffic coming back to their rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank AdamTilly
GreektownCasinoHotel, Social Media Manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2018

Hi Adam - would you be able to send us an email with your phone number to socialmedia@greektowncasino.com? We'd like to have someone reach out!

Reviewed February 19, 2018

Very nice hotel... a bit overpriced in my opinion. Very small bathroom but nice upgrades & fantastic staff!!! I will research other options next time headed to Greektown based on price itself. Location is very good also

Room Tip: We overlooked a parking garage after asking for a high level... eh...
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for the review, and we'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our team members!

Reviewed February 11, 2018

We were in Detroit for a Detroit Lions game and stayed at Greektown Casino Hotel. I travel frequently to Detroit for sporting events and stay at this hotel every time ! We come from Canada ( Ontario ) and it is very easy to get to weather you take the Tunnel or the Ambassador Bridge. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are amazing and always very clean. Housekeeping do an amazing job and probably don't get enough credit. The hotel is located in a great spot, walking distance to Ford Field, Little Ceasers Arena and Comerica park. Whatever event you are attending, Greektown is the place to be. Contrary to what you may hear, it is very safe inside and walking to sporting events. I have stayed here many times and have never had an issue in regards to safety. If you plan on going to Detroit, I 100 % recommend Greektown Casino Hotel. This is the only place I will stay when I visit Detroit. See you again soon Greektown !!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank CdnSoxBruinsFan
Reviewed February 5, 2018 via mobile

The room was nice and clean, the hotel/casino has lots of parking, close to restaurants and the people mover. If you’re staying in Detroit I’d say this place checks all the boxes for somewhere to stay. The Casino is pretty good too.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Justin S

Thank you Justin! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at Greektown!

When we checked in, there was a small line so they handed out bottle water to guests. The woman who checked us in was so nice and professional. Our room was cleaned, but needed to be inspected by a supervisor-which was apparent when we got into our room because it was nice and clean. Rooms were big and updated (almost don't want to leave).

We ate at prism which was absolutly amazing. We had the filet and Colorado lamb chops. I would recommend both. We had breakfast at Bistro 555-which was a great deal ($15.99 for a breakfast buffet) and it had so many options.

And the casino was so much fun! We gambled all night!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Jacolel
GreektownCasinoHotel, other at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2018

We're so happy that you had a great staycation! Thank you for taking the time to review us - we hope to see you again soon!