1,199 results
All reviews greektown casino people mover monroe street floor to ceiling windows great view of the city mini bar ford field tigers game comerica park corner room restaurants and bars free valet parking nice room breakfast buffet room service sporting events room key
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I are not gamblers so I have never considered staying at Greektown in the past. To be honest, I was certain that the entire place would reek of cigarette smoke and would be over-run with loud partiers all through the night. We had originally booked a stay at our favorite downtown hotel, the Westin Book Cadillac. However, due to a labor strike that occurred a few days before our stay we cancelled our reservation and sought lodgings elsewhere.

Friends recommended that I give Greektown a try and assured me that I would not regret it. I am so glad that we did! Valet parking was seamless, as was check-in. Our room was on the 29th floor and, while it was a little on the small side, it was clean and nicely appointed. The view of the city, particularly at night, was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were clean and of high quality.

The mini-fridge in the room was well-stocked and priced surprisingly reasonably. While we didn't partake of room service, the menu items were also not prohibitively expensive. If we had not already made breakfast plans then we would have definitely ordered.

There was absolutely no hint of cigarette smoke anywhere in the hotel, with the exception of the area where we picked up our vehicle upon check-out. Our floor was 100% quiet through our entire stay.

I can definitely recommend the Greektown Casino Hotel as a place to stay in downtown Detroit . High marks all the way around!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I almost didn´t stay here to avoid casino smoke but it across the street connected by covered foot bridges. Glad I did. Quiet, comfortable, and wonderful view - especially at night. Odd elevator key system that they could explain a bit better before you try and fail. The staff is really nice. Easy walk to river. Detroit is more tourist welcoming than I had expected. Interesting diverse and good mix of foods in the immediate neighborhood.

Room Tip: ask for a higher floor to get an incredible nightly light show!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Amazing location, good hotel, modern amenities, great view from the window.
I got unlucky that the WTP was broken and it kept going all night long - irritating. Since I was there for a night so I did not bother calling anyone at 2 AM.
Might stay here again considering the proximity to casino and good eateries.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights at Greek town !! And we absolutely loved it. Our room was lovely _ with a stunning view of the city.my best friend and I were staying with our daughters to see Taylor Swift. Though we only had two nights it was a great experience. The staff was very helpful and eager to help + please. The hotel it self is gorgeous. Very clean and chic. One thing we disliked was the information in the room regarding the restaurant and room-service was weak . We found out afterwards that they had a great pizza at the restaurant there / we ordered pizza and had it delivered... We so would have rathered had room service. They do promote the restaurant well. I used the gym which was awesome!!! Total perk. Only thing missing is a pool.
Should we ever return to Detroit we will be staying here.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessicabird
Reviewed October 5, 2018

It is a nice hotel and the staff is typically friendly. The only down side in my opinion is that it is a bit expensive for what you get. The last time I went I paid around $300/$325 for a one night stay. For that type of price I would expect a larger room, they are very small, and overall fancier hotel. The casino is standard, nothing over the top wonderful, but not boring or too small. The hotel does not have a regular bar area that you can enjoy. They have two restaurants inside and a food court. One restaurant is an average American restaurant (burgers sandwiches) while the other is a steak house. My bill for a steak, soup, and one martini was $125. The steak was certainly not worth the price, but we didn't have time to eat anywhere else. The restaurants also have limited hours. You can't just walk in at 2:00 pm for a meal. It is located in a great location. Greektown has many restaurants and bars to offer. This hotel is also within walking distance to Ford Field. Overall I recommend this hotel if you're looking for something within walking distance to Greektown or Ford Field, if not, find something cheaper. It is not worth the money on it's own.

Stayed: August 2018
GreektownCasinoHotel, social media manager at Greektown Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Hi Heather - can you send your phone number to socialmedia@Greektowncasino.com so we can chat with you about your stay? thank you!