“Clean room, Friendly staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Roberts Riverwalk Hotel Detroit

Roberts Riverwalk Hotel Detroit
Ranked #22 of 33 Hotels in Detroit
Toronto, Canada
“Clean room, Friendly staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

Nice quiet location, free parking, friendly staff, clean room, great price. No complaints. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: This was one of the few hotels we found that had two queen beds in a room, instead of two doubles.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Midland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

This hotel was once the Parke Davis & Company building on the waterfront that overlooks the river and Windsor, Canada. A LOT of work had been done to outside property and the 1+ mile walkway just outside the hotel is fantastic. The inside is a mix of restored 'old' and new. We thought it was beautiful. The room we got (423) had large windows that overlooked the river. It had a nice large (40 inch?) LCD TV, good bed, desk, and large (old) bathroom that was fully functional (tub, shower, large sink, lots of mirrors). We had no issues at all with the room, service or neighbor noise.

They have a nice outdoor seating area that we used in the late morning (might be used by the restaurant?) and enjoyed a nice walk in the the sunny 62 degree morning. They provided a very limited free breakfast (muffins, oranges, apples, bananas, orange juice and coffee). They do have a restaurant for breakfast lunch and dinner but we did not use it. The 'lobby' had a LCD TV, free papers and lots of nice chairs to sit in to watch TV or look out the windows at the waterfront.

Overall, for the super deal we got name your own price on a major website) we were very happy.

Room Tip: Best rooms face east and have a view of the waterfront.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Frank-in-MI
West Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here in early April for the Tigers Home Opener, two nights. It is a short 5 min $5 cab ride from all downtown attractions. (Or free shuttle during shuttle hours - worked for us 2 out of 3 times)
This Hotel is in an old building that has been re-done - but updated and clean. Service was good. I was super hung-over and passed out so I did not hear any noise from the hallway. (So it was quiet - important to me/ I am a light sleeper) Bed was comfortable - room was large.
The hot water was broken on our first morning - they gave us a free nights stay for a future date and a free breakfast that day. (I thought that was awesome service - stuff happens) I have always paid $60 more to stay in Greektown or casino locations - this was fine - 5 min ride as apposed to 5 min walk.

Stay here with confidence! Take it from a guy who stays in Detroit 2-3 times a year that this place is worth the money - and is nice. I booked on Hotwire and was a little leery that it is 3/4 mile further down the road but it ended up fine.

Room Tip: River View was nice
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sparty5
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

What was evidently once a very nice hotel has fallen into unfortunate disrepair.The first room to which I was assigned had a very large hole in the carpet between the two beds. In the second room, the bath mat was dirty; had not been changed. In addition, the towels were in poor condition. One had a hole large enough for my hand to go through. Others were thin from long time use. The drain in the face bowl could not be closed.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Detroit hotels

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel visiting family and friends for my birthday 03-26-12 and stayed for 3 nights. The employees were very nice and helpful. The decor is classy and unique and the room I had was big with a view of the riverwalk. The bed, linens and towels were comfortable and the room looked, smelled, and FELT clean. The location makes you feel safe and you almost forget you're in Detroit.

Room Tip: Ask if one with the riverwalk view is available.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Hamilton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

My wife and I visited this hotel on april 4 2012. The check in went smoothly but that was amost the only good part of our stay. After reading all the good reviews on trip advisor we were looking forward to a nice pleasant stay at a rustic but nice hotel. The only nice thing about this hotel was the beautiful view of the river and the river walk. The room was the equivelent of an old Motel 6. We were in room 429 it was just ok for size but was definetly outdated and grubby. Very uch in need of repairs and a good cleaning. Dust everywhere and a musty smell when we went in. Thank goodness for windows that actually opened to air out the room. Bed was a king and was very comfortable and the linens were fresh and clean. We went out to a casino for the evening and smelled strongly of cigarette smoke so we were looking forward to a shower before gong to bed. Low and behold no hot water. No answer when trying to call the front desk. After 6 or 7 tries I finally went down to the front desk to see what the problem was and found the desk clerk doing payroll or something on the computor and talking on the phone and not answering any calls from the guests. He had no idea why no hot water and used the excuse that the boss was on tthe way and would pass on the info. Next morning still no hot water and front desk was too busy to talk to anybody about our concerns. I think they are too busy selling time share or vacation club to pay any attention to the paying guests. The breakfast was mediocre at best. Serving staff was ok but food was not good at all. My wife had the oatmeal and it was just warm. HOW DO YOU COOK OATMEAL AND NOT GET IT HOT? I had the pancakes and bacon they were good but just warm also. When I went to check out the desk was busy selling once again and just took my key and wanted nothing more to do with me. This was one of the worst treatments i
I have ever experienced in a so called 3 star hotel. We stayed the previos at the Greektown Casino Hotel and it was a full 4 Star with great service and beautiful room for $20.00 more.
If in Detroit again the choise will be simple. Not Riverwalk anywhere else but not here

Room Tip: didnt see other rooms but dont take 429
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple