“on my to-do list”

Detroit People Mover
Ranked #18 of 165 things to do in Detroit
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: The Detroit People Mover (DPM) is a fully automated light rail system that operates on an elevated single-track loop in Detroit's central business district. Launched in 1987, the system’s 13 stations provide quick connections between the courts and administrative offices of several levels of government, sports arenas, exhibition centers, major hotels, and commercial, banking and retail districts. Service is frequent and unencumbered by vehicle or pedestrian traffic, and at just 75 cents per ride, it’s the best bargain in town!
Reviewed December 12, 2017

Finally I hop on the people mover and had a tour around the downtown Detroit. What a convenient way to have a look at the downtown area.with $0.75. There're total 13 stops on the route: Sports arena, Broadway, Financial, etc. The best part is near the Detroit river to overlook Canada. It's short ride within 20 minutes. There's no A/C on the ride.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"ford field"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed December 1, 2017 via mobile

I’ve been a Detroiter my whole life and the people mover has always been my go to way of getting around. When my husband and I have an event downtown we park at Greektown and then use the people mover to go across the city. $.75 a person it’s cheaper than a taxi, safer than walking across downtown at night, and less confusing than the bus. Plus it’s a giant loop so it takes the thought out of it. Miss your stop? No worries, just take it around :)

Reviewed November 30, 2017

I went on it to get to the thanksgiving day turkey trot and all i needed to do was park witch at the time i got there was easy and free then hop on and go to wherever in the Detroit metro area you needed to be

Reviewed November 19, 2017

We go to downtown Detroit quite a bit for Concerts and Games,the people mover is cheep and always seems safe and you can just ride to see downtown.If you are going to Detroit I would use the people mover to get around it beats traffic. We had called a uber and got stuck in stopped traffic and was going to miss the puck drop so we jumped out of our stopped uber and got on the people mover wish we had not called the uber wont do that again,