All reviews fire pit gated parking lot concrete floor boutique hotel industrial feel cool vibe coffee bar clothes rack newly renovated hotel robes and slippers holiday inn michigan ave close to downtown uber ride cool hotel the bed was super comfortable great shower
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was crazy unique. The design was different than a regular hotel, but still very contemporary and classy. Made you feel like you were in an apartment rather than a hotel. The staff were all really personable and very professional. The Red Dunn restaurant in the lobby as crazy good, not just some bar food - great dishes that you would find at an upscale restaurant. Definitely would stay here again. Thank You Trumbull and Porter!!!! Thanks Ignite Hospitality services for the great rate!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Trumbull and Porter Hotel Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Michael,
Thank you for the incredible review! We are thrilled to hear you found our hotel to be crazy unique and that you really enjoyed our comfortable environment. It is fantastic to know you loved the restaurant as well and that our staff took good care of you. We hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed November 12, 2018

I stayed here on a recent trip to Detroit. As others have said, it's got a hip vibe, and I liked the fact that it had a local theme. It's a bit away from downtown, which makes it a bit quieter. My room was a good size and quiet (3rd floor). The attached restaurant made nice breakfasts and I also had a good burger there. I liked the secure and free parking. would stay there again. Staff very friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Hello djsullivanmd,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It is great to see you liked our local theme and enjoyed your room and the quieter part of town that we are in. We are really glad you had some nice meals at the restaurant and appreciated the secure parking here. We would love to welcome you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed November 9, 2018

We stayed for 3 nights in the Trumbull and Porter Hotel and were slightly disappointed by our stay. The hotel is nice, the style is nice(-ish), it's friendly, it's hip, but... Let's say it is complicated*
Our first room had a queen-bed, which we aren't used to, so I got very little sleep the first night. In the morning I asked for a room with a king size bed, unfortunately they didn't have one for the 2nd night, but did for the last night. So we took that.
The king room was pretty good! I didn't like the queen room very much.
So the hotel is a basic refurbished hotel, which has a high IKEA feel to it and made to look hip and fresh with some nice art.
The rooms are pretty noisy: you can hear everything that's going on in the next door room, not a good thing. Also the King-room was directly beneath a big AC unit on the roof, so you could hear and feel the vibrations from it, I had to remove the nice art on the wall above the bed because it was rattling and making noise because of the low rumble of the AC unit.
Bath room is very basic and old. No closet space, just a clothing rack, which was not very sturdy and almost falling apart when you touched it.
The staff was pretty friendly and helpful. Location is nice with some dinner and breakfast options nearby and in walking distance.
Anyway, long story short: we liked it, not loved it.

Room tip: King room was nice, just not on the 4th floor because of AC unit on rooftop.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello 3Bergen,
We really appreciate you giving us your feedback about the hotel and your experience here - thank you for letting us know how everything was. We are glad to know you were able to get moved in to a new room and that you enjoyed the king room much more. It is great to hear that you liked the look of your room and loved our location downtown. We are sorry that you were able to hear noises from the rooms near you and and felt the bathroom was basic. Thank you for your comments about that and we apologize that your stay was negatively affected by these issues. We hope that you will give us another try sometime in the future and we will be sure that it is much better than before!

Reviewed November 6, 2018

This is definitely a hotel that fits into Detroit's hip scene. Bit unusual for those of us who are senior citizens but we all need to try new things. It is a refurbished Holiday Inn.

The good:
* Very friendly staff
* Restaurant & bar extremely good
* Staff went above and beyond when I left my coat in the lobby. They coached me on how to email them a shipping label and sent the coat back. A-plus on that!

The not so good:
* The halls can be quite dark with low ceilings, felt rather forbidding
* Had a hard time with getting the temp right in my room
* Only a "coat rack" for hanging clothes in the room

Would I stay there again? Yes...the food and service made up for the short fallings

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Trumbull and Porter Hotel Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

Hello HoosierontheMove,
Thank you for the really great review! We are so glad to learn that you thought our staff were very friendly and that we were able to help you out with your coat. It is fantastic that you loved our bar and restaurant! We are sorry that you had a few problems with the room and hallways; your feedback is really helpful to us to figure out ways to improve our guests' experiences. We would love to welcome you back again the next time you are looking for a great stay (and dining) in Detroit!

Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

I really loved the vibe at Trumbull & Porter. It’s in a really cool neighborhood in Detroit called Corktown. There’s lots of little shops, restaurants and bars within walking distance. The hotel has a modern but comfortable feel. It’s the kind of place that your friend with the best style would have.

There’s also a restaurant attached to the hotel (which is usually not the best option) but in this case looked really great. I wish we would have had the chance to try it because the menu look delicious. They even had some fun dishes on the menu for Halloween.

Parking was easy and is behind a gate that you use your key card to access.

Our room was very clean and spacious and they even accommodated us with our dog and gave us a room on the first floor with access the the patio area. Their outdoor space was one of the most unique features of this hotel. It was a large yard that our room’s patio and back door led out to. Outside is a large fire pit, games and places to relax and hang out. This was also ideal for us taking our dog out.

I loved the concrete floors in the room. Carpet is always gross so it was nice to have clean concrete floors. THE BED....wow....can I please just stay in that bed forever?! The comforter, pillows, all of it was like being enveloped in a cloud!

This boutique hotel does it right. It’s not pretentious or over the top. It’s friendly, cool and somewhere you actually want to spend time. I wish I had more than one night there but I will be back FOR SURE!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello Michelle,
Your incredible review really made our day!! Thank you very much for all your compliments and for letting us know about your experience at the hotel. We are thrilled to learn that you loved our neighborhood, rooms, courtyard, and thought the bed was so comfortable. We really appreciate hearing from you and we can't wait to have you back!