1,359 results
All reviewswolfgang puckbathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassthe concierge levelcorner suitenon smokingrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsroom serviceindoor poolliving roomambassador bridgefree valet parking
Reviewed October 25, 2011

MGM is by far the nicest, most full service Casino in Detroit. It is the only casino built from the ground up; the others are upgrade of their "temporary" facilities. MGM has a nightclub. multiple bars and upscale dining. The rooms are fully appointed and have great views. Table limits run high in the casino, and there is no full pay video poker.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spanky132
Reviewed October 19, 2011

stayed here for the Detroit Tigers opening day. The rooms were nice the hotel is great. lots of good places to eat. Nice TV in the room. If your coming to Detroit. You really need to stay at this hotel. Its worth the money. If you like poker they have a nice poker room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Easy to get to being right off I-75 and superb valet service. Check-in was quick and easy. The staff is friendly and courteous. The room is gorgeous. We ate at the Palette(buffet) twice and really enjoyed everything we tried... and they had lots to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Very nice place and the staff is really great. The "living room" is really cool too. I would recommend this hotel and I say almost perfect because when I checked in there was no soap or shampoo, I called down and it was delivered immediately. The next night when I returned to my room housekeeping had done a great job of making the room, folding my clothes and really cleaning the room, but again no soap or shampoo. I called down again and this time the bellman brought me more that lasted for my stay. All in all the hotel has a great design and the rooms are well appointed, beds are nice and comfortable. The hotel is separated from the casino with an expansive lobby but you have to venture through a smoke ridden ocean of slot machines to get to any of the food options. I ate at the Breeze which is a food court type of thing (24 hour option) and the food was ok, the next night I ate at Pallete which is a buffet featuring different stations (asian, seafood, homestyle, italian, etc.) and again the food was ok. There was also a Wolfgang Puck and a Steakhouse on the property but I did not have the chance to try them.
The rooms are on the pricey side but the staff delivers great service and the valet parking is free which is a big plus, but they charge if you have any packages delivered and they charge for incidentals such as contact lens case, toothpaste, etc.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank moids
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Good food, great rooms, nice casino. The staff was unbelievably gracious and helpful. I am not even a gambler, and I enjoyed my trip and stay at this hotel. Very luxurious rooms and business friendly for a casino hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Nice rooms all! I was very impressed with the accomodations.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business