1,366 results
All reviewswolfgang puckbathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassthe concierge levelcorner suitenon smokingrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsroom serviceindoor poolliving roomambassador bridgefree valet parking
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The MGM Detroit is perhaps one of the best hotels in the Midwest, and one of the top in the country. The typical guestrooms are spacious, well-appointed, extremely clean, and worth their cost. What really makes this hotel a gem is their top-notch staff who is quick to answer questions, help whenever and wherever possible, and extremely energetic. While at the hotel, individuals were always willing to ask if I needed assistance - evidence that the staff is willing to make the stay as enjoyable as possible. Yes the casino is a catch to staying here, but the hotel makes one want to return again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed at the MGM Grand in December,2011 as a quick holiday getaway and to see a college hockey game at the Joe. We had stayed here before with excellent results, and were looking forward to the same on this trip. The MGM didn't disappoint. We booked the Grand Player package, which knocks the somewhat high cost of a room down to being comparable with the other hotels in downtown Detroit and really is a great deal if you plan on gambling a bit while you're in town.

Check-in was quick and efficient and the clerk at the front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful as she set up our room and package details. The room itself was just as we had remembered -- modern, luxurious, and very, very clean. The TV in the bathroom mirror and walk-in rain shower are some of my favorite details. Since we were on a high floor, we had a great view of Detroit, Canada, and the Ambassador Bridge. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows are some of the best hotel pillows that I've encountered.

The Casino was still a good time, although a bit louder and more smoke-filled than we had remembered. I was also disappointed to see that there was a surcharge for the "dollar blackjack" that the MGM had been advertising.

We had breakfast at Pallete, which is the on-site buffet and was included in our package. The amount and variety of food was excellent and the quality was outstanding. The made-to-order omelets were particularly delicious. We also visited the food court for a late night snack after the game. Despite the late hour, the food was hot, fresh, and well-prepared.

The staff are exceedingly well-trained and go out of their way at every turn to make sure that you feel welcome, your needs are being met, and that you are happy with your stay. While I'm sure part of this is intended to keep you in the casino, it does make for a very enjoyable time in the hotel.

My only complaint happened upon check-out. The valet parking was unable to find my car for about half an hour. Apparently they never tagged the vehicle when I parked it the night before and had to send people throughout the garage to find it. The valet staff were very friendly and helpful during this time and kept offering us something to drink while we waited. Fortunately, we didn't have anywhere to be and were able to laugh at the incident.

Despite the car incident, we had a great time at the MGM and are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Ok, I am going to be honest here...I've been to both MGM and MotorCity Casino Hotel's in Detroit...I do love the buffet and rooms a BIT better at the MotorCity BUT there's nothing wrong with the MGM - it's a gorgeous place so don't be afraid to book there...I've spent more time at the MotorCity so PERHAPS I am just partial to that place- and their buffet is soooo good- but, once again, there's nothing wrong with the MGM and to prove that I have many pics here to view from a recent stay during the summer 2011....The ambience, appointments, lighting and art are to be found all over this beautiful MGM property as you can see in the photos- feel free to compare with the pics I have uploaded in my review for the MotorCity Casino Hotel - book both and YOU be the judge! Enjoy!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The rooms are excellent, the hotel is huge and has a casino in the same building. Its fun to see and you don't have to visit Las Vegas. But if you look for something cosy with your girl, you are wrong here I think.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We had a fabulous suite at this hotel over Christmas. The entry to the hotel from inside the casino is stunning with a fireplace that spans the wall in the entry, called "The Living Room." The room was incredibly spacious and immaculately clean. A huge jetted tub in the bath room with a comfortable view of the TV that doubled as a mirror. The shower had 4 heads. In the sitting area there was a wet bar, a half bath, a full couch, a small table and chairs, and a fantastic large flat screen TV. I was sad to go home.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family