1,366 results
All reviewswolfgang puckbathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassthe concierge levelcorner suitenon smokingrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsroom serviceindoor poolliving roomambassador bridgefree valet parking
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Loved the bathroom in this room. It had a TV and an amazing shower with an overhead as well as a normal shower head. There are also 2 stereos that you can play your ipod or iphone on. A little pricey bit worth it for a special occasion.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My fiance and I just got back from our Spa Package (couples massage and one night stay) at the MGM Grand for our anniversary.

The hotel is beautiful, and a short walk from the casino, which lets the hotel feel very tranquil while still being close to the casino atmosphere. The room was an excellent size, and we loved everything about it - the bed, the decor, the shower/bathroom was perfect.

We forgot to fill out our room service card for breakfast the following morning, so we thought we would just grab some brunch around 10:30am. When we entered the casino area, none of the restaurants (other than fast food-type cuisine of burgers and such) seemed to be open or serving breakfast, which surprised us.

The only absolutely horrible part of our stay was a theft that occurred while we were enjoying our time at the spa. Guests at the spa have access to lockers (you create your own code to lock them), which is where I put my clothing and purse during my spa treatment. Upon returning to my room to prepare for an evening out after my treatment, I realized that my wallet was open in my purse and half of my money was missing from it. My purse and wallet had never left my sight except for when they were in my locker (which was most definitely locked) during the spa treatment.

When I reported the incident to security and completed a report, the security guard did not even seem surprised at the theft (perhaps this is a regular occurrence?). I got nothing more than a shrugged off "sorry" from security and the front desk, and nothing was done to compensate me for such trouble, not even meeting with the manager. The onus has, instead, been placed on ME to call MGM back in a week to see if anything has been done about my report.

After spending over $400 on a package, having additional money stolen from me (and nothing being done about it) really put a damper on what was supposed to be a celebratory evening. I had hoped to have my upcoming bachelorette party at the MGM Grand, but after having someone (who was likely an employee who had access to the lockers) steal from me, I can't enjoy the spa with my girlfriends like I had hoped.

So, while you can have a very lovely stay at the MGM Grand, beware of the spa - keep everything of value in your room or with you at all times. The lockers are NOT safe. The service is excellent if everything is going well, but if something goes wrong (like a theft), MGM does not handle the situation in a way that is apologetic and/or appeasing to the customer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
54  Thank Peebinstein
Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the MGM Grand for business/pleasure over 3 nights, Wed-Fri. The staff was very friendly, our room was huge and beautiful and the bathroom had the best lighting of any hotel I can recall. Yes, entry to the hotel area is secure which is good. The casino area and all the surrounding restaurants were clean albeit after traveling through the casino or even spending five minutes, any non smoker will feel like they reek of cigarette smoke. Breakfasts, lunches, dinners at Palette - all good. Dinner at Bourbon Steak - great. Fun was had at the casino as well as Ignite Nightclub, can't speak for the sushi. The spa area is nice and the pool area is very relaxing but they need to up the temp for that pool!! A beautiful unused pool means it's too chilly to swim in! Ordered up room service Friday night and while the hold time was a bit lengthy, the delivery was 30 minutes or less and the items we ordered were enjoyed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The hotel was very nice - i guess it was what i would have expected for that establishment. Nice room -- entrance to the rooms were secured from the casino which makes sense. I walked through the casino and it was incredibly smokey - if you're used to LV, this one does not quite measure up but the place was nearly packed which was surprising for a weekday night. Bottom line, it was a nice place to stay for an overnight business trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2012

On Saturday we decided we needed to do something, anything. So I looked up the MGM Grand in Detroit and booked the players package at the last minute. 1 hour after we decided we were on the 2 hour drive to the MGM. We arrived at 2:30pm to no crowds. The valet service was great and right on top of it. Everyone from the valet to the doormen to security to the front desk was extremely upbeat, courteous and helpful. Check in was a breeze and they went over every detail of the package. It included $100 of free game play and dinner for 2 at the buffet, which all together gave us about $160 worth of credits, plus we got to have a late check out of 2pm. That brought the room down to about $200 for the night, not bad for a last minute Saturday night. When we got to the room it was spotless, the only thing missing was shampoo, we made a quick call and, I'm not kidding, there was a knock on the door in 2 minutes and we had more shampoo than we knew what to do with. A well stocked mini fridge, but don't move anything as it is controlled with sensors and just moving them will add them to the bill whether you use it or not. There was a couple of comfortable robes to use as well as a couple of complimentary small bottles of water. The buffet was typical and just ok, glad we didn't have to pay for it. Although at midnight we ate at the Breeze Dining Court which was very good although a little pricy. The casino was very 'Las Vegas' with plenty of gaming for everyone. Althought it was a packed night we were alwasy able to find someplace to lose our money....Be prepared if you are a non-smoker, it's very smokey, ventilation could be improved. The one non-smoking area was very small and cramped. There were two drink stations for self serve soda and coffee which wasn't bad. Waitresses weren't in abundance until late in the night. There is also a free coffee/espresso station in the hotel lobby which was actually very good. When it came time to check out, you just run your valet ticket across a scanner, go check out and when you are done your car is waiting for you. Very efficient. Overall we had a great time and will definitely stay there again. A couple other things, the bed and pillows were fantastic, huge over size double head shower. The location is easy to get to but not an area where you would go walking around outside, not much to see.

Room Tip: We had room 1606 on the 16th floor, great view of the bridge and away from the party suites.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple