1,476 results
All reviews wolfgang puck m life bathroom mirror casino floor steam room slot machines the concierge level corner suite non smoking rooms are beautiful great weekend walk in shower indoor pool hotel guests living room ambassador bridge mini bar
Reviewed October 18, 2018

Daughter in law celebrate her birthday and I got the room for her to enjoy stayed 2days enjoyed room service gambling drinks. Relaxed took in the night life in Detroit. The room was great on the 14th floor

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
AmyJ2638, Director of Guest Experience at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2018

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your daughter-in-law's special occasion at MGM Grand Detroit! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our delicious room service, expansive gaming floor, and that you could relax in your well appointed room after taking in the night life in Detroit. We are delighted to know our team made your experience with us a memorable one and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

The hotel staff were great from the very start. We parked in general parking and walked into the casino with our luggage. Two security guards met us and told us to use the valet parking as it was safer (we later found out that it was also FREE). One of the security guards was helpful, another was a bully type who wanted to throw his weight around.

We re-entered through the main entrance and received a better reception. The staff we happy to see us and treated us great. We got a huge room, that we didn’t pay for.

Staff opened doors for us everywhere. Coffee was free and good. Free drinks each day.

The casino was great. The Buffett was also great. We visited on a Monday/Tuesday, so signed up for a M Life membership. It’s free and you get 30% discount on the buffet.

I did have to clean my clothes after visiting the casino because they stank of cigarettes.

The room was clean and had plenty of amenities.

We were treated so well from the start (excluding the first security guard.)

I was only in Detroit to see a few tourist attractions, but after the service I received I’m now looking for excuses to return!

Date of stay: October 2018
AmyJ2638, Director of Guest Experience at MGM Grand Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2018

Thank you for being our guest at MGM Grand Detroit and for sharing your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly and welcoming hotel staff and that you discovered the perks and benefits of our M life Rewards program! Please accept my apologies in regard to the team member that was not helpful; I will most certainly escalate your comments to the Security management team for review. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback; we hope you find an excuse to return soon as we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed October 17, 2018

If you are someone that normally plays in Vegas, dont even bother to stay here. Getting any kind of Comp is like pulling teeth.For what i play in Vegas, I get my rooms and meals free. In Detroit, I got 1 night and no meals.I'd rather go to Vegas.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with MGM Resorts International
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Slots play too tight. I didn't enjoy myself one bit and it wasn't the first time. Consistently tight and does not compare to nearby competition. Would not recommend. The buffet food was cold and crusted over. Buffet items included cheap meats and side dishes made to look elaborate. Not impressed MGM. No fun, no good food, what's the point?

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. On average, there are hundreds of jackpots and payouts daily at MGM Grand Detroit and we are truly sorry if one of those moments weren't part of your recent visit. Additionally, I regret your buffet experience did not meet your expectations and I would like to learn more about your dining experience in detail. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at your convenience at CustomerService@det.mgmgrand.com. Thank you again for your feedback; we have every desire to address your concerns and hope for the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I rate the hotel at the MGM
The best hotel in the downtown area..hands down..it was so quiet in the room, i was very very happy, since I'm a quiet sleeper.
I thought I was sleeping in the clouds..the night before I stayed at greektown, heres the difference, it's like eating a hot dog when you stay at greektown.
And when you stay at the MGM
It's the best steak and lobster you ever had!!!!!
That's the truth...

Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of your time with us at MGM Grand Detroit! We are delighted to know that you found our beautiful rooms so comfortable and quiet. We sincerely value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon!