US$152
US$135
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

US$154
US$144
The Atheneum(Detroit)
US$145
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$182/night.

US$207
US$170
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

US$138
US$131
US$209
US$197
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$236/night.

US$185
Doubletree.com
US$244
US$230
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$268/night.

US$159
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

US$149
US$127
Agoda.com
1,327 results
All reviewswolfgang puckbathroom mirrorcasino floorsteam roomslot machinesfrosted glassconcierge floorcorner suitenon smokingrooms are beautifulwalk in showerhotel guestsroom serviceliving roomindoor poolambassador bridgefree valet parking
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I don't get to Detroit too much, so it is hard for me to compare this hotel to other hotels in the area or the strength of the location. I will say this:

Rooms are clean, and well appointed.
A few food options that should hit your fancy.
Gaming floor is nice (compared to Vegas gaming spaces).

I was upgraded to a suite for some reason - perhaps they didn't have a king in the standard room. The suite itself had a bit of a weird layout, but it was pretty big with nice views and a huge bathroom. Rain shower option in the shower too.

Had time to eat at Bourbon Steak. Sat at the bar and had a steak, which was great. Wine list (by the glass) seemed a bit limited for prices shown for steaks. Really? One cabernet option to go with my $72 steak? Oh, of course, what was I thinking? I'll just order a bottle for myself.

Gaming floor was nice, but I really hit the craps tables. Limited server availability - same as Vegas.

I went for a run from here - a 3 mile loop that took me to Comerica and Ford Field. Nice run, easy to navigate.

All in - not bad. You certainly could do worse.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank VermontGolfer
Reviewed May 30, 2010

Stayed two nights for a medical meeting. As a world traveler, I would say this is one of the best hotels I'd ever stayed. The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly. The room was very nice, excellent bedding, great bathroom. Hosekeeping was the best. I really enjoyed my stay at this nice hotel. The only compaint I have is I have to walk through the smoky casino in order to get to the restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2010

On Saturday we left our room at 10am and turned on the pick up room light, we returned back at 2 pm and the room was still not picked up. They showed up at about 5 pm when we were about to leave and told us to call housekeeping when we were leaving so the could come and pick up the room. So we did. We returned back to our room at 1030 pm and the room was still not picked up. I have had better housekeeping at Holiday Inn. Also there was a cup of coffee sitting outside of the room across the hall that sat there most of Friday and a good part of Saturday. This hotel is suppose to be a top rated hotel in the Midwest, well I beg to differ. I didn't realize how hard it was to make a bed. Thanks for making my first wedding anniversary a disappointment.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wirewench23
Reviewed May 6, 2010

The room was awsome. When you enter the lobby to the left is the hotel to the right the casino. People cannot enter the hotel portion without the attendent to let you in and they verify the room key. Once you enter you would never know a casino was on the other side. The front desk was very friendly, we did have an issue with the tv in the main area of the room but while we out exploring the casino they corrected the problem. They even set a fireplace screen on the TV and had soft music playing from the TV in the bathroom. It was a nice touch. The casino is huge. I almost missed my banquet because I got alittle lost. But had a lot of fun trying to find the door. The only bad thing I could say has nothing to do with the hotel, the resturant palette, had nice servers but nasty people who took your payment before being setted, but the food was great so give it a try. Just ignore them and have fun!!!!!!

Reviewed April 25, 2010

Stayed three nights at the MGM Grand Detroit (there for business). My room was fantastic, the service was incredible. The workout room has everything you could need. A top-notch stay.

Casino was pretty good, but too smokey (mostly played poker, has a nice poker room but mostly only one game 1-2NL, sometimes 2-5NL).

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business