All reviews motor city assembly line free room deep bathtub separate shower executive floor ambassador bridge free valet parking room service mini bar nice room walk in shower non smoking king room food court bed was very comfortable room key
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in a room with a view of the bridge to Canada. It was great! room was clean and modern. The Assembly Line Buffet was a better than average buffet with a lot of choices. We plan to make another 2 day R&R trip and will stay here again.

Stayed: May 2018
MotorCityCasinoHotel, Manager at MotorCity Casino Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We enjoyed having you stay with us! Thanks for the recommendation.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a girlfriends weekend for a Maroon 5 concert at LCA and booked a room at Motor City Casino. I got the Executive King suite 1/2 off through an online deal. First let me say, the hotel is very nice considering it's in an area still being revitalized. We felt very safe during our stay and being able to park in a secure parking garage was also a plus. The hotel is very clean and modern with lots of food options. Our room was also very clean an updated however it was way smaller than expected! I had booked the room because I had requested a room that would sleep 4. There was 1 king bed, that was it! No sofa sleeper. Luckily a friend had an air mattress just in case we needed it. Also, we were on an executive floor which required key access. With the executive stay, you receive hor douvers at 5pm and breakfast in the morning, however, it's located on the 15th floor, so keep that in mind. The breakfast wasn't much, coffee, fruit, juice, oatmeal and some breakfast bars or cereal. All in all, I would stay here again, but will be more mindful of what you really get from the "executive" level.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Thanks for the nice review!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great venue for weekend adventure. Rooms are excellent in quality. Interactions with staff were good. Food at restaurants was all good. Casino smoky; but there are limited non smoking area to gamble. Free shuttle to events at arenas.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

We’ll be looking for you when you’re back in Detroit!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff and hotel was excellent! We were there for just an overnight to attend a Gala in the Sound Board room. Everything from valet, to bell hop, to check in, to the room was wonderful! We are not casino people but I did walk thru and again was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of that area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in and around the Detroit area!!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Departure763813

Sounds perfect! Thanks for the love.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we travel for concerts or other events, my criteria for choosing where to stay is based on proximity to the venue, late night dining options for after the show, and options for other things to do if we have time. MotorCity checked all the boxes in spades! It's very easy to access the property from the interstate and it's well marked to figure out where to go for hotel vs. casino. I liked having the valet option inside the parking garage - I'm sure it's especially welcomed during inclement weather or winter!

Check-in was friendly and efficient and our room was spacious and well-maintained. My only nitpicks (and these are minor!) are I would have liked to have a 2nd trash can by the desk and plastic cups for bathroom use. The only options I saw were wine glasses or paper coffee cups so we just used the paper ones.

Since the shuttle to LCA did not start running until after the time we needed to be there for our meet & greet reception, we availed ourselves of the cab stand since 2 cabs were already there.

Since we didn't take the shuttle to the show, we didn't know where to catch it to get back, but a quick call to the hotel gave us the exact corner. The shuttle was at the corner and easily identifiable by the time we figured out directions and walked to it. Our driver (Mahogany) was friendly and gave us lots of information about how to get future free play when attending local events.

It was nearly 11:30 by the time we got back to our room and changed clothes, so we headed down to the Lodge Diner since they are open 24 hours. Some of the other restaurants were open until midnight but we didn't want to feel rushed or make the employees stay over. Once again, we had friendly service, this time from JQ. She made excellent suggestions when I wavered on what to order and the portions were HUGE!

After we filled our bellies, it was time to head to the casino. Since we had just attended the Game of Thrones concert, we ended up at the Game of Thrones slots and we won nearly enough to pay for our night's stay! Ok, to be fair, we *did* win more than enough to cover it but I didn't stop when I should have :) The casino was bright and clean and I didn't notice a smoky smell when walking around.

We were just in Detroit for another concert in July and we stayed at the Aloft at the David Whitney. Without hesitation, both my husband and I agree that we had a MUCH better stay at MotorCity! I hope we have another occasion to be in Detroit so we can stay again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Surprise, surprise! Now that the secret’s out, you better get back here before we book up!