1,457 results
All reviews boulevard room roast restaurant michael symon's roast beautiful hotel valet parking heavenly bed the club lounge campus martius people mover room was spacious historic building lobby bar heart of downtown valet service comerica park self park opera house
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights in a suite for business. I have both Starwood and Hotels.com status but no one cared. Reception was competent but not particularly warm or professional - it felt more like a retail transaction than a high-end hotel check-in. Room was ok, I'd say it was remodeled around 5 years ago but it's pretty basic. I ordered room service for breakfast, left at around 9am, and when I returned to my room at around 11pm the breakfast tray was still on the table and the room hadn't been cleaned (I did not have the do not disturb sign on).

I really love Detroit and I know there are a few new hotels coming on line in the next year, which is great because there are not enough rooms downtown. I won't stay here again if I can avoid it and I hope the competition forces them to up their game.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Executive Assistant at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Hello PaulGlobalSF,

Thank you for being a valued Starwood Preferred Guest. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us once again. However, we are sorry for not providing the service you deserved. Our general manager is looking into this issue to see what went wrong so that it never happens again. We value your business and your loyalty to our hotel brand. We hope you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with the service that you truly deserve.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

I stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac for a business conference and was anticipating a lovely stay there. I was disappointed to say the least. The Westin was at full capacity. When I arrived, at 1:30 pm, prior to check in, I did stop by the front desk to see if I could check in early. I was told that at the moment they didn’t have any clean rooms but they would call me as soon as one became available. I gave them my number, was told it would be around 30 minutes, which was fine with me. Two hours later, I went to double check with the front desk, after I has seen multiple people arrive and check in. They proceeded to check me in then search for my luggage which they stored for me. Thirty minutes later, my luggage appeared. The room was nice and spacious, with a huge bathroom. I was impressed with the room. During my stay though, I didn’t feel safe going outside the hotel since I was cursed at on multiple occasions just when I did go out, right outside the hotel. I did not feel safe at all. Housekeeping came to clean my room at 8:00 pm more than once, due to the fact the daytime staff did not get it done. I didn’t ask for them to come clean, they just appeared. The staff was friendly and professional, the room nice and clean, but beyond that, it was not a stay that will rank up on my top 10.

Stayed: June 2018

Hello LoveMyBulldogge,

Thank you for being our guest and for posting a review. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance. Our staff aims to keep our entrances welcoming and secure for our guests; I am sorry you were approached outside of the hotel. I am also sorry your check-in and housekeeping experiences did not meet your expectations or our own standards. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department leaders so that they may coach and address best practices within their respective areas. We strive to provide welcoming service and comfortable accommodations, and through your feedback we are able to more effectively meet these goals.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Nice rooms and great location downtown. The bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast ends at 8 so you need to get to it. Starbucks on the first floor. Has a pool and spa. Restaurant and bar on location. There aren’t many good breakfast places close by. Rooms very clean with big bathrooms.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. We are pleased to know you had an amazing stay with us and loved our great location and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I love The Book Cadillac! Excellent place to stay for events, weddings, business and The Auto Show. The rooms and amentities are great! The staff is always helpful and friendly and the hotel is very clean.

Grab dinner at Roast while you are there!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Dear Lauren M,

Thank you for your fantastic review of The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. We are thrilled you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and excellent amenities. Your comments were a pleasure to read and we are excited to share them with our wonderful staff. Thanks again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2018

We enjoyed a wonderful stay here. The accommodations were nice, but what really makes this hotel shine is the staff. Our stay required some special accommodations and some adjustments had to be made on arrival. This was taken care of by a staff that was patient, pleasant and accommodating. As a team they represented the essence of what hospitality should be.

The first person you deal with when arriving to a hotel is a bellman. Imer, our bellman was a gem, making sure we were fully taken care of and satisfied. The front desk and particularly Alex was very attentive to our special needs with multiple rooms and accommodations for young children, making sure that we would be comfortable. Alex made sure we were satisfied by showing us various room options to be sure we would be appropriately accommodated. Thank you ! Even the room cleaner was extraordinarily pleasant!

We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Dear Oceanrider40,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for all the wonderful things that you had to say about The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. Our goal is for every guest to have a great experience, so we're delighted to know you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. We'll be sure to share your comments with Imer and Alex for their professional service. We can’t wait to host you again whenever you return to this area.