1,458 results
All reviews boulevard room roast restaurant michael symon's roast beautiful hotel valet parking heavenly bed the club lounge campus martius people mover room was spacious historic building lobby bar heart of downtown valet service comerica park self park opera house
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a wedding at the hotel. The hotel itself is gorgeous. Our room was very large and modern and the bathroom was as well. The drawbacks are really the service. First of all we drove up to the hotel and there were at least 10 valets standing around chatting and not one came over to us. We had to get out of the car and call them over. Second was that the cleaning service never came to our room, or any of our friends’ rooms who were there for the wedding. We all had went to a baseball game that afternoon and then needed to shower and get ready for the wedding which was at 6pm. By 5 still none of our rooms had been serviced and we didn’t even have towels to shower! I called the front desk and was told that because the hotel is so large the cleaning goes until 6:30 so we were probably on the later end. I asked if we could at least get towels. At 5:30 we still didn’t have towels so I literally roamed the hallways until i found a cleaning cart and took towels off it myself. So if they can work out these customer service issues it will be a much nicer hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, Executive Assistant at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Dear Lauren K,

We were pleased to read you enjoyed our spacious rooms and thoughtful common areas. However, we apologize for the service issues which inconvenienced you during your stay with us. Our team strives to provide impeccable service and timely responses to our guests' needs, and we are sorry for letting you down. We hope you will give us a chance on your next trip to our area to show you we can do better.

Reviewed July 16, 2018 via mobile

Nice place. Very clean and a Starbucks located inside with patio seating. The highs were Dante the doorman who was very helpful suggesting places to eat and directions to points of interest. Their breakfast restaurant called The Blvd. cooked me a a very healthy and very tasty scramble. The service was great. Location was excellent in downtown. The only negative was the horrendous mattress I slept in. It has a huge crater in it. Terrible for your back no matter who you are. It needed to be retired and replaced. I have found this to be a common thread in some of my Hilton Hotel stays

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Dear TALL GUY S,

Thank you for evaluating your time at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. We are happy to know you had a good stay with us and liked our well-maintained facility and friendly staff. Thanks for taking advantage of our hotel restaurant The Boulevard Room during your stay. Our chef delights in preparing mouth-watering specials, and our staff takes pleasure in providing great service. However, we are so sorry you didn't have a restful night sleep and our beds were to blame. Our front desk is available 24 hours a day, so we would have been happy to move you to another room at your request. Thanks again for being our guest, and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Stayed two nights in a suite for business. I have both Starwood and Hotels.com status but no one cared. Reception was competent but not particularly warm or professional - it felt more like a retail transaction than a high-end hotel check-in. Room was ok, I'd say it was remodeled around 5 years ago but it's pretty basic. I ordered room service for breakfast, left at around 9am, and when I returned to my room at around 11pm the breakfast tray was still on the table and the room hadn't been cleaned (I did not have the do not disturb sign on).

I really love Detroit and I know there are a few new hotels coming on line in the next year, which is great because there are not enough rooms downtown. I won't stay here again if I can avoid it and I hope the competition forces them to up their game.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Executive Assistant at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2018

Hello PaulGlobalSF,

Thank you for being a valued Starwood Preferred Guest. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us once again. However, we are sorry for not providing the service you deserved. Our general manager is looking into this issue to see what went wrong so that it never happens again. We value your business and your loyalty to our hotel brand. We hope you will stay with us again so that we can provide you with the service that you truly deserve.

Reviewed July 15, 2018

I stayed at the Westin Book Cadillac for a business conference and was anticipating a lovely stay there. I was disappointed to say the least. The Westin was at full capacity. When I arrived, at 1:30 pm, prior to check in, I did stop by the front desk to see if I could check in early. I was told that at the moment they didn’t have any clean rooms but they would call me as soon as one became available. I gave them my number, was told it would be around 30 minutes, which was fine with me. Two hours later, I went to double check with the front desk, after I has seen multiple people arrive and check in. They proceeded to check me in then search for my luggage which they stored for me. Thirty minutes later, my luggage appeared. The room was nice and spacious, with a huge bathroom. I was impressed with the room. During my stay though, I didn’t feel safe going outside the hotel since I was cursed at on multiple occasions just when I did go out, right outside the hotel. I did not feel safe at all. Housekeeping came to clean my room at 8:00 pm more than once, due to the fact the daytime staff did not get it done. I didn’t ask for them to come clean, they just appeared. The staff was friendly and professional, the room nice and clean, but beyond that, it was not a stay that will rank up on my top 10.

Stayed: June 2018

Hello LoveMyBulldogge,

Thank you for being our guest and for posting a review. The safety of our guests is of utmost importance. Our staff aims to keep our entrances welcoming and secure for our guests; I am sorry you were approached outside of the hotel. I am also sorry your check-in and housekeeping experiences did not meet your expectations or our own standards. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department leaders so that they may coach and address best practices within their respective areas. We strive to provide welcoming service and comfortable accommodations, and through your feedback we are able to more effectively meet these goals.

Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

Nice rooms and great location downtown. The bed was very comfortable. Free breakfast ends at 8 so you need to get to it. Starbucks on the first floor. Has a pool and spa. Restaurant and bar on location. There aren’t many good breakfast places close by. Rooms very clean with big bathrooms.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Dear Eric B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit. We are pleased to know you had an amazing stay with us and loved our great location and comfortable accommodations. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.