“BBQ”
Review of Slows Bar BQ

Slows Bar BQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Slows Bar BQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,107 Restaurants in Detroit
Price range: US$0 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clinton Township, Michigan
“BBQ”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Enjoyed some of the best BBQ ribs in the city and the have a comfortable atmosphete.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
London, Canada
“Amazing!! (now say that with a high pitch voice and excitement)”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The brisket! thats all that matters!

oh and the apple bbq sauce was yummy!!

Visited February 2012
Colorado
“Better this time but Great...........”
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I was in Detroit for a few days for business so I decided to give Slows another try. The first time I went in November 2011, it was not a good experience. This time I went on a Friday during lunch. It was extremely crowded so I was not going to get a table anytime soon. As I was walking out I spotted a seat at the bar and sat down. As soon as a I did that the bar keep was there...a plus from my last visit. I ordered a light beer and soon after I ordered a 1/2 slab of St Louis ribs, green beans, and coleslaw. Slows serves the ribs dry and you have four to five BBQ sauce choices, I choice the sweet. I felt the ribs were no very juicy and tender as others I have tried in my past but not bad. The slaw was good and all I can say for the green beans is AVOID!!. The are mixed with some type of vinegar and I thought green beans were horrendous. Overall the lunch was good but not Great! But still worth a visit. Also this time the staff was excellent, at least at the bar, much better than my first experience. On a side note, while I was looking for a parking spot the meter maid was giving out tickets on the street behind slows which I didn't understand since there were no "No Parking" signs that I noticed so beware on where you park. I was fortunate to find parking on Michigan Ave right in front of Slows. Cautiously Recommended.

• Visited March 2012
Rochester, MI
“Not the best location...but great food!”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Their food can't be beat especially with a nice draft beer but the location is something to be desired. Had Tiger Stadium stuck around, it may be a different story.

Detroit, Michigan
“Upscale Bar B Que”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I have eaten at both locations of Slow's (the full service restaurant on Michigan & Slow's to Go on Cass), & the food is always delicious. I am partial to the pulled pork, although the brisket is also amazing. If you're feeling adventurous, go for the Triple Threat (Bacon, Ham, & Pulled Pork). Great portions. Great sides. They also have an incredible selection of locally brewed beers. Be warned, this place is ALWAYS packed, so be prepared to wait. If you're in a hurry, try the Slow's to Go location, they are fast & serve the same delicious food. Service is friendly & attentive. Trendy crowd, but you can run into people you know if you look around.

• Visited March 2012