1,539 results
All reviews mcnamara terminal an early flight security checkpoint north terminal flying delta park and fly private security check point next morning heavenly bed valet parking club floor ann arbor rental car lobby restaurant beautiful lobby room service
Reviewed October 14, 2018

If you have an early flight out of Detroit, there is nothing better than staying at the Westin, especially if you don't have to check bags. You can use the private security checkpoint for guests! The rooms are nicely appointed with desk and small loveseat in front of the window. If you get a room overlooking the tarmac you will be mesmerized by the comings and goings. A small but nice bath room has a rain shower head and a second hand-held shower head.

Because we are a platinum elite with Marriott, who recently acquired Sheraton and Westin, I was able to take advantage of the Club Executive lounge for evening light snacks. This was fine for me as the room service menu was very pricey. My only bad experience was when I checked in. The clerk made me feel like I was trying to break the law because our rewards number shows my husband's name only, and she didn't want to check me in. When I assured her that I was his wife by comparing addresses and my email address on file with them, she acquiesced but assured me she would not be giving me points for my stay. However, during her processing the check in on her computer she said "Oh, well they MADE me give you the points." I have never felt less welcome than this woman made me feel. Despite this one bad apple, my stay overall was good. The other desk folks were kind and helpful, and the gal in the Club lounge was great.

Date of stay: October 2018
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being with us and we truly appreciate you taking a moment to provide this feedback. Wonderful to understand that you were able to enjoy the many conveniences we can offer and your comments on our staff overall. In reviewing this feedback, if indeed your name was not on the reservation, for many reasons first and foremost security aspects, we would not readily check-in a guest without working to truly qualify. I do apologize for any inconvenience and if indeed this was the situation would recommend that you ensure all guest staying under the reservation, have their names noted within the reservation. Thank you again and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

Who stops over in Detroit? Everyone apparently. A busy, but sterile environment. Food was ok, but bar was fun and enjoyable. If you are flying Delta, we’ll, it’s the place to be. Check in for Delta was right up the stairs. I flew Southwest and you have to shuttle over, less than 10 minutes away.

Room tip: Not ny elevators
Date of stay: September 2018

Dear Fabienne,

Thank you for being with us and truly appreciate your efforts to provide this feedback. Thrilled that your were able to enjoy the many conveniences we offer as an "in-terminal" property. Wonderful to understand that your stay with us was renewing and we were able to ease your travels.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Usually I have nothing but great comments about WESTIN hotels but this one should be named a Motel.

From our check-in experience with the front office manager Souhelia who was rude and not honest about other rooms available which could have changed our experience. Not to mention that she marked our room not to be serviced daily, and we had to continue to call asking for a
Maid to come and service our room.

As a 9 year Platinum Starwood Member, and using suite upgrades from my account, we definitely expected more...

Then at 6.30am we had music blasting from the room next to ours, and after 40 minutes and many phone calls to the front office, we got to security who argued with me about the noise. I had to wait in the hallway until 7.30am in front of the noisy room for the security personnel to arrive in order to proof and assure the handling of this noisy neighbor. Taking care of this went for over one hour, which terminated any chance of going back to bed.

It is unfortunate that events like this happen, pushing long loyal Starwood customers to go to other hotel chains or properties.

I will never stay in this property again, and from this day forward I will question the quality and service behind the Westin brand name.

Whatever the situation, if you are ever in the Detroit International Airport, avoid the Westin at the airport at all cost.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our property and for taking a moment to provide this feedback. We certainly pride ourselves on a very different guest experience and while not fully aware of all aspects that you note, I do apologize for any shortcomings on our behalf. Our team continuously works to deliver a personal and renewing guest experience and I apologize for the instance that you note with the adjoining guest. We truly appreciate your ongoing loyalty with Marriott and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and regain your confidence.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night because we had to get a flight very early in the morning to Orlando. The rooms here were very clean and nice! The staff was amazing they upgraded us to a room with a view of the run way!!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for being with us and taking a moment to provide this feedback. We're thrilled that we were able to start your travels off on the right note and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We chose the hotel due to our flying and personal itineraries. They say they are pet friendly. I called ahead to insure that there was an appropriate pet-relief area. I was insure that they was.

This is NOT true and caused much upset/concern as we had a small dog who would fly and the pet-relief challenge was a major issue.

Otherwise, this property is very nice with a very nice price for the room.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being with us and truly appreciate you taking a moment to provide this feedback. Wonderful to understand that overall your stay was positive and you enjoyed your experience with us. As a Westin brand we certainly remain pet-friendly, but given our location "in-terminal" within the airport, the aspect of "pet-relief" is subject to a location defined by the airport. In this case, there is one location inside the terminal by Gate 34 and close proximity to our TSA hotel entrance as well as a location outside, which requires our guests to go down to Int'l arrivals and outside to the established "relief" area. Hoping this may help for any future visits and as always thank you fro being with us.