1,539 results
All reviews mcnamara terminal an early flight security checkpoint north terminal flying delta park and fly private security check point next morning heavenly bed valet parking club floor ann arbor rental car lobby restaurant beautiful lobby room service
Reviewed October 25, 2018

We selected this hotel for the same reason almost everybody does because of it's location connected to the Detroit Airport. I would never choice it again and highly recommend people not to stay here. The commons areas are very modern and pleasant as was the room. The problem was that there was almost not staff or service available in this large hotel, which would be fine if it was a budget hotel like a Holiday Inn Express but last I checked I think Westin would like to think of themselves as a luxury brand; with luxury should come some service. On top of that we returned to our room in the evening after being gone all day to find our door ajar with a mop left in the room. Fortunately nothing was stolen from the room but no one ever came to retreive the mop, I guess some just forgot about it along with the door being opened.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Dear Scott,

Thank you for being with us and taking a moment to provide this valuable feedback. Certainly appreciate and are glad to hear you were pleased with the physical aspects of our property. I do apologize for any shortcomings you note in service, as that would certainly work against our day to day approach and typical feedback that we receive. We pride ourselves on delivering the luxury experience that you note and again truly apologize for any specific shortcomings over your stay. Please know that we will utilize this feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement and hoping we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I was in town on business in Dearborn. I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was surprisingly quiet and very comfortable. I had dinner in the lobby restaurant both nights. The food was average but very convenient. I would recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We drove to Detroit to stay a night before our flight. It was so convenient to pull up, get our luggage out & go inside. The weather was terrible & we didnt have to be out in it! We needed to park the vehicle for 6 days but paid for 7 days due to price difference. It’s worth to stay & park. We were able to go thru security to go into airport for dinner. Many places to choose from to eat. The best part is we didnt have to go outside for any of it. The hotel was clean. All staff was professional & helpful. We were able to print our tags for the cruise (I forgot to do that) Overall, great stay!

Trip type: Travelled with family
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Dawn,

Thank you so much for being with us and taking a moment to provide this valuable feedback. We're thrilled that you were able to take advantage of the numerous conveniences we can offer as an "in-terminal" property. Wonderful to have assisted with getting your travels off on a positive note and hoping it's a great trip.

Reviewed October 16, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful this hotel was. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the upgrade to the 24 hour lounge and breakfast was well worth the minimal cost. The staff was friendly and made the check-in process quick and easy. If I had to name my favorite thing about the hotel, however, it would be the convenience of the security checkpoint leading from the hotel to the McNamara terminal for our early morning Delta flight. I only stayed for one night, but I would recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Dear Melissa,

Thank you so much for being with us and taking a moment to provide this feedback. Thrilled that your stay was delightful and that you were able to take advantage of the many "in-terminal" conveniences we can offer. Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 14, 2018

If you have an early flight out of Detroit, there is nothing better than staying at the Westin, especially if you don't have to check bags. You can use the private security checkpoint for guests! The rooms are nicely appointed with desk and small loveseat in front of the window. If you get a room overlooking the tarmac you will be mesmerized by the comings and goings. A small but nice bath room has a rain shower head and a second hand-held shower head.

Because we are a platinum elite with Marriott, who recently acquired Sheraton and Westin, I was able to take advantage of the Club Executive lounge for evening light snacks. This was fine for me as the room service menu was very pricey. My only bad experience was when I checked in. The clerk made me feel like I was trying to break the law because our rewards number shows my husband's name only, and she didn't want to check me in. When I assured her that I was his wife by comparing addresses and my email address on file with them, she acquiesced but assured me she would not be giving me points for my stay. However, during her processing the check in on her computer she said "Oh, well they MADE me give you the points." I have never felt less welcome than this woman made me feel. Despite this one bad apple, my stay overall was good. The other desk folks were kind and helpful, and the gal in the Club lounge was great.

Date of stay: October 2018
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being with us and we truly appreciate you taking a moment to provide this feedback. Wonderful to understand that you were able to enjoy the many conveniences we can offer and your comments on our staff overall. In reviewing this feedback, if indeed your name was not on the reservation, for many reasons first and foremost security aspects, we would not readily check-in a guest without working to truly qualify. I do apologize for any inconvenience and if indeed this was the situation would recommend that you ensure all guest staying under the reservation, have their names noted within the reservation. Thank you again and hope to welcome you back in the near future.