1,539 results
All reviews mcnamara terminal an early flight security checkpoint north terminal flying delta park and fly private security check point next morning heavenly bed valet parking club floor ann arbor rental car lobby restaurant beautiful lobby room service
Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

I was excited the Westin offered valet service since I was traveling alone with my three-year-old. As I was pulling away from the valet, I noticed my new 2018 traverse had a chip in my windshield. I called and send pictures because the valley driver didn’t reported anything but nothing was done for me I would never valet here again. I’m in on a schoolteacher in the only reason I didn’t turn around to show them was because my three-year-old was already sleeping in the car. They obviously don’t take very great care of cars and don’t admit responsibility.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you as always for choosing us for your travel needs and we're pleased to have had the opportunity to serve you. Certainly glad that we were able to offer you the convenience of our in-terminal property to ease your travels. Unfortunately, while I understand any frustration you may have with this noted "chip" in your windshield and the seriousness in which we treat any complaint, it would not be something that we as a property would claim responsibility. As you know all aspects of your claim are being handled respectfully and professionally through our team and insurance, of which we will certainly follow up and follow through on any ongoing communications. Thank you once again.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

I am not a fan of airport hotels, as I prefer staying in the heart of the places I visit. But as airport hotels go, this is a gem: the hotel is quiet and elegant, the rooms are comfortable and immaculate, and the location-attached to the main terminal-cannot be beat.

Trip type: Travelled solo
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you for being with us and allowing us to serve you. Wonderful to understand your satisfaction and we appreciate you taking a moment to provide this valuable feedback. Hoping to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

We selected this hotel for the same reason almost everybody does because of it's location connected to the Detroit Airport. I would never choice it again and highly recommend people not to stay here. The commons areas are very modern and pleasant as was the room. The problem was that there was almost not staff or service available in this large hotel, which would be fine if it was a budget hotel like a Holiday Inn Express but last I checked I think Westin would like to think of themselves as a luxury brand; with luxury should come some service. On top of that we returned to our room in the evening after being gone all day to find our door ajar with a mop left in the room. Fortunately nothing was stolen from the room but no one ever came to retreive the mop, I guess some just forgot about it along with the door being opened.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Scott,

Thank you for being with us and taking a moment to provide this valuable feedback. Certainly appreciate and are glad to hear you were pleased with the physical aspects of our property. I do apologize for any shortcomings you note in service, as that would certainly work against our day to day approach and typical feedback that we receive. We pride ourselves on delivering the luxury experience that you note and again truly apologize for any specific shortcomings over your stay. Please know that we will utilize this feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement and hoping we may have the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

I was in town on business in Dearborn. I stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was surprisingly quiet and very comfortable. I had dinner in the lobby restaurant both nights. The food was average but very convenient. I would recommend this hotel

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We drove to Detroit to stay a night before our flight. It was so convenient to pull up, get our luggage out & go inside. The weather was terrible & we didnt have to be out in it! We needed to park the vehicle for 6 days but paid for 7 days due to price difference. It’s worth to stay & park. We were able to go thru security to go into airport for dinner. Many places to choose from to eat. The best part is we didnt have to go outside for any of it. The hotel was clean. All staff was professional & helpful. We were able to print our tags for the cruise (I forgot to do that) Overall, great stay!

Trip type: Travelled with family
John R, General Manager at The Westin Detroit Metropolitan Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Dear Dawn,

Thank you so much for being with us and taking a moment to provide this valuable feedback. We're thrilled that you were able to take advantage of the numerous conveniences we can offer as an "in-terminal" property. Wonderful to have assisted with getting your travels off on a positive note and hoping it's a great trip.