See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

I appreciate reviews and that’s why I write reviews!!!!! DO NOT STAY IN THE HAWTHORN SUITES IN DEARBORN, MI!!!!! I had the most unnerving experience with Mary (employee)! I’m so shaken that I had to warn other potential customers. Mary claimed to be only front desk staff when I requested management. I needed to cancel a reservation that was booked via a third party because our event dates were published incorrectly. She instructed me to call the third party for approval to cancel and I complied. The third party contacted her and she blatantly lied to him and refused to cancel the booking. I added her to a 3-Way call and she proceeded to lie stating that the third party didn’t release the reservation but she didn’t know they were on the line. She became hostile, rude, belligerent, and proclaimed that she was indeed the manager and not just the front desk clerk. I’m literally shaken by this bold and unbelievable lie because it frightens me to know someone could lie so effortlessly. I do not feel comfortable or safe staying here because this woman is unstable. I’m worried that she may try to harm me if I stay there because I’m filing complaints against her. What is she capable of doing? Will she go in my room when I leave? Will she purposely bill us incorrectly? Will our property be stolen or damaged? Will she lie and accuse us of wrongdoing during our stay? This woman is vindictive and I fear for my safety. As a result, I am seeking to cancel my reservation and I cannot support this hotel chain especially if it allows personnel to conceal their identities and titles with goal of deliberately misleading guests!

5  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed February 14, 2018

My reservation was supposed to be on 2/4-5. I made the reservation electronically and somehow the date flipped to 1/27-28. When I arrived on 2/4 I was informed that my reservation could not be found with out the confirmation number. This reservation was done on my laptop which was not with me at the time (sunday) and I could not get it. However, the reservation was eventually found and that was when it was stated that I was a no show for and my bank card was blocked. I made another reservation using a different card for the 2/4-5 reservation and was informed that the money was reversed on my previous card (1/27 reservation). I paid for the 2/4-5 reservation, but now my credit card for the 1/27 reservation is still on hold. I was informed by my bank to have the hotel fax a release form and they would release the money. I have been talking to the hotel the last 3 days requesting that they fax my bank a release statement and they still have not done so. I have been told several times that this has occurred but according to my bank nothing has happened. I am very disappointed that I would have to go through this, especially since I have paid for the reservation. I rent this place annually but after this experience I will not be staying at this location again. Thanks UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2018

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2018

It is located in a good place.
And the free breakfast is delicious.
The asmehan staff is very good at making food and is kind.
I am a Korean and do not speak English very well, but the staff showed me very kindly.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2018

The room was good and the facilities included were excellent. The room included a fireplace, kitchen area with stove, microwave, dishwasher, etc. It would be an ideal room for a stay of more than one night in a row.

Date of stay: January 2018