Comfort Inn Downtown Detroit
US$419
US$269
Priceline
  • Room Service
All reviewsshuttle servicenight managerminute drivestayed two nightslions gameford fieldrenaissance centercomerica parkandreconcertproximitycanadagreektown
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one week and while it was apparent that a few local folks brought ladies of the night in from time to time, I did not have any problems. The heat worked well, shower was hot, bed was comfortable. The FREE continental breakfast and distance to my meetings allowed me to save tremendously.

It's not a Westin or Hyatt, but if you need a comfortable bed, safe location and close to downtown areas - this is the hotel for you. I'll be staying again next year during my annual convention.

Room Tip: 2nd and 3rd Floor are best, ask for "low traffic" floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2012

When I arrived to Detroit, I didn't have a hotel reserved. The taxi driver recommend a different hotel on Jefferson for me. When I arrived at the hotel I was terrified to even step out of the taxi. Then he brought me to the Regency hotel. The staff was excellent, I requested extra towels and Andy was kind enough to deliver it to my room. Later that evening, I called down to the front desk and the gentlemen working recommended the Coney Island next door to eat. Great stay for your money. I will be back for the hoedown and the regency is definitely where I am going to stay. Thank you for making my trip an experience.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Lisajowel
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I consider myself to be a coinsurer for discovering hotels that fit my budget ($100 or less) and provide me with great quality and service. However, this hotel is by far the worst place I have ever stayed at, in all of my travels, and I travel around the country a lot.
1) The rooms beside me reeked of weed, and nothing was done about it
2) There were numerous hairs found in my towels and bed sheets prior to use
3) The walls are paper thin, was woken up at 545am by extremely inappropriate bed noises and voices- could recite neighbours every word without them even yelling
4) When asked if there were plates for the breaskfast, the staff laughed and said they were all gone then ignored me
****Spend the extra money and go to a different hotel

Room Tip: the more the discounts, the worse the room
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank canuck716
Reviewed April 11, 2011

7.30 am thats when i checked in 04/11/2011 the guy in front desk works at his own space and i was greeted like i was begging for a room or they are helping me by renting the room. Amazing comfort not for the guest the guy who was in front desk never got up from chair he was relaxing and talking like he is talking to his buddy. Horrible experience the rooms are nasty and dirty. I just dropped my Luggage off in the hotel in the morning and washed my face in the bathroom never realized the towel is dirty. location is good its in downtown. Amenities smell every where u feel like u came to downgrade bar. very dark inside. the very moment i got down the taxi driver warned me not to stay in this hotel. If you dont have a good property you should have at least good customer care to make it up. The guy charged me with extra n early check in where as i told him i am just dropping off my luggage thats it. in short Bad bad bad yes if you are Dirty place to live...

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank hrishi1
Reviewed January 3, 2011

It was a last minute trip we took to Detroit. I called at least 10 different hotels in the area and I must say that none were as pleasant as this. We booked the last two rooms they had. At arrival I met Steve and Andy, what friendly guys. The shuttle driver was friendly and funny also. He took us to Greek town Casino and back for no charge. The breakfast and the service we received was just phenomenal. Overall, I thought everything went smooth.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends