All reviewshot tubrooms are smallkeyless entrydowntown douglaswalking distancebeautiful backyardcute placestayed for nightsincluded breakfastlittle toucheseasy accesscomfy bedmodern amenitiescoffee makermost placesgreat place to staypatio
Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

Magnificently updated but still charming. Great location in Douglas next door to Saugatuck. Very clean. Very friendly. Easy access to great shopping and dining in both Douglas and Saugatuck. In Douglas go to Everyday People for dinner. In Saugatuck try Phils or Marros. Beach access is very close as well.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2016

Stayed for 2 nights, my friend had the room next door to mine. The rooms were small, but spotless and very quiet. We created our own happy hour on the back patio. Super friendly staff. The motel was in a great location - an easy walk to Douglas.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

Well what more can I say another outstanding time is Douglas/Saugatuck. The Blue Star Motel out did them self again. Rusty Ross and Billy Lake and your entire Staff thank you. How many places have you stayed at and when you walk in the room there is a vase full of flowers with a card Happy Birthday, you again have made my stay unbelievable, great room, outstanding staff. This is why I only stay at your motel. Again thank you for your kindness, i understand why you guy are booked all the time amazing service, staff your customers service out of this world. Rusty and Billy great managers. You must be becouse your staff reflect you both , you can tell they love there job and the two they work for. Keep up the great job and yes you will be seeing me soon but at your other GREAT motel the Starlite.

Thanks again,

Doug Utter

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2016

Blue Star rates five stars for friendliness. I have no complaints whatsoever about our hosts or their responses to our needs during our stay. As far as the accommodations: Well, there's only so much you can do when renovating a 50's motel. I'm speaking from the perspective of a 60-year-old whose husband has some health issues. The room was small and cramped. The desk was wobbly; the desk chair was uncomfortable and there were no other chairs in the room. The doors for the fridge and closet opened up onto each other (if you know what I mean), which was awkward. The bathroom - although very clean - was a problem for us. The shower (and there is only a shower, not a bathtub) had only a built-in soap dish; there was no shelf/ledge where we could put our shampoo, razor, etc.. There was also no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

If we were 20 years younger these things probably wouldn't have mattered. As it is, however, we wished we had booked a room at a chain hotel with predictable rooms/amenities.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2016 via mobile

Decided to book a last minute weekend getaway and I'm so happy we decided on the Blue Star Motel! It was only a three minute drive from Saugatauk and so close to Douglas Beach. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. The rooms were the perfect size and opened to a great patio and back yard with a hot tub. Would for sure come back the next time we are in Douglas and Saugatauk!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple